Subject: Re: [Pce] [mpls] draft-ietf-karp-routing-tcp-analysis review requested

From: "Daniel King" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 19:10:23 -0000

Hi Stewart, 

I was asked to review the document
(draft-ietf-karp-routing-tcp-analysis-06). The document provides an analysis
of various routing and signaling protocols, including BGP, LDP, PCEP and
MSDP, and highlights issues according to the KARP design guide (RFC6518). 

My review focused on the PCEP sections. In general there are no specific
PCEP (PCE WG) actions, the document simply outlines some areas for PCEP
security improvement via cryptographic mechanisms.

Please find my general comments:

- The opening paragraph Section 2.4. (PCEP) is ambiguous. The text refers to
LDP, whereas PCE applicability is firmly targeting towards TE (RSVP-TE)
LSPs. 

- Inter-domain security is discussed but does not mention existing methods
developed by the PCE WG to minimise security issues and network/service
confidentiality (including PCE ID, PATH-KEY, etc.). 

- Using TCP encryption, like IPsec, can also provide PCEP privacy. 

- The document would benefit from referencing the  MPLS/GMPLS Security
Framework (RFC5920). 

Br, Dan.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Stewart Bryant
Sent: 17 December 2012 18:30
To: idr mailing list; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls] draft-ietf-karp-routing-tcp-analysis review requested

Hi all,

draft-ietf-karp-routing-tcp-analysis is on the IESG agenda for 10/Jan. 
It has been through IETF LC, but we realize that it would be useful for the
IDR, MPLS, PCE and PIM working groups to pay special attention  to the draft
review the sections of this draft that are relevant to their
(your) work.

I would appreciate feedback from anyone in the WG, but it would be helpful
if the WG Chairs could nominate at least one person to review the draft on
behalf of the WG.

Thanks

Stewart
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls