Subject: [Pce] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-vendor-constraints-11.txt> (Conveying Vendor-Specific Constraints in the Path Computation Element communication Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 11:48:04 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG
(pce) to consider the following document:
- 'Conveying Vendor-Specific Constraints in the Path Computation Element
   communication Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-pce-vendor-constraints-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-12-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Path Computation Element communication Protocol (PCEP) is used to
   convey path computation requests and responses between Path
   Computation Clients (PCCs) and Path Computation Elements (PCEs), and
   also between cooperating PCEs.  In PCEP the path computation requests
   carry details of the constraints and objective functions that the PCC
   wishes the PCE to apply in its computation.

   This document defines a facility to carry vendor-specific information
   in PCEP using a dedicated object and a new Type-Length-Variable that
   can be carried in any existing PCEP object.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-vendor-constraints/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-vendor-constraints/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.