Subject: [Pce] Next steps with draft-ietf-pce-questions

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:37:20 -0000

Hi Working Group (and chairs),

When this I-D was adopted there was talk about how we might keep it alive to
collect other questions as they came along. Well, it has been a bit quiet and
no-one seems to have had anything to add.

Dan and I have a few minor edits, so I will spin a new version before the Feb
14th cut-off. If anyone has anything to add, now is a very good time to say so.

But after that we wonder what the future holds.
Is this a living document forever doomed to roll rocks up hills?
Or should we draw a line under it, publishing it as a snap-shot of the current
scenery, and let another document be written if more questions develop?

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: Ramon Casellas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 09:57:38 +0100

> scenery, and let another document be written if more questions develop?
Dear Adrian, all,

Just my humble opinion:  if the WG moves forward with new "items" (such 
as it has been the case, for example, of the stateful capabilities) 
which could, in turn, raise futher questions, the "time window" during 
which such questions will be identified will probably span months if not 
years. In light of this, I believe the document covers well the main 
questions regarding PCE as it is now (barred that someone else may 
propose additional Q&A) and justifies publication in its (basically) 
current format. -bis, -ter versions could be written in the future, if 
need be.

Thanks
R.