Subject: [Pce] Regarding draft-ietf-pce-questions-05

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 07:27:03 +0000

Hi Authors, 

Please find some nits/comments which may be addressed as part of the next update, possibly triggered by responsible AD or IESG reviews.

   Title Page Header
      s/Network Working Group/PCE Working Group

   Abstract
      Add acronym - Virtual Network Topology Manager (VNTM) &
      Hierarchical PCE (H-PCE).

   Sec 1. Introduction
      Add acronym - Virtual Network Topology Manager (VNTM)

   Sec 1.1 Terminology
      OLD
        Readers are assumed to be thoroughly familiar with terminology
        defined in defined in [RFC4655], [RFC4726], [RFC5440], and
        [RFC5623].
      NEW
        Readers are assumed to be thoroughly familiar with terminology
        defined in [RFC4655], [RFC4726], [RFC5440], [RFC5623], [RFC6805]
        and [I-D.ietf-pce-stateful-pce].  

   Sec 2. What Is Topology Information?
      Add acronym - objective functions (OF)

   Sec 3. How Is Topology Information Gathered?
      s/some how/somehow

   Sec 5. How Do I Select Between PCEs?
      Correct the spacing in the following line:
        OLD:
        A PCC may also vary which PCE it uses according to congestion
        information reported by the PCEs using the Notification Object
        and Notification Type[RFC5440] .
        NEW:
        A PCC may also vary which PCE it uses according to congestion
        information reported by the PCEs using the Notification Object
        and Notification Type [RFC5440].

   Sec 8. Who Runs Or Owns a Parent PCE?
      IMHO a bit of introduction about Parent PCE would help set the
      tone. Something like this.. 

        A Parent PCE as per [RFC6805] is responsible for selecting
        inter-domain path by coordinating with child PCEs and
        maintaining a domain topology map. 

   Sec 12. Does H-PCE Solve The Internet?
      s/layers/levels (better to be consistent and use the word level in
      context of H-PCE)

   Sec 16. How Do Redundant Stateful PCEs Synchronize State?
      s/issued described above/issue described above

   Sec 24. Where Does Policy Fit In?

        Policy enters into all aspect of the use of a PCE starting from
        the very decision to use a PCE to delegate computation function
        from the LSRs.
        - Each PCC must select which computations will be delegated to a
        PCE.

      Avoid the use of word delegate as it has another meaning in
      context of stateful PCE. Perhaps use 'off-load'?

        - An Active PCE must have a policy relationship with its LSRs to
        determine which LSPs can be modified or triggered, and what LSP
        delegation is supported.

      Is 'what LSP' intentional? Shouldn't this be 'which LSP'?

   Sec 29. References     
      draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce is considered an informative
      reference.

        http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/normative-informative.html
        Normative references specify documents that must be read to
        understand or implement the technology in the new RFC, or whose
        technology must be present for the technology in the new RFC to
        work.

      IMHO draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce should be read to understand some
      sections of this document. If that is true and you agree, Can a
      "note and move on" [RFC4897] be applied in this case? 

   --
   Some unexpanded acronyms - AS, LSP, ASBR, NMS, NETCONF, SONET, SDH.
   --

Regards,
Dhruv

---------------------------------------------------------------
Dhruv Dhody 
System Architect, 
Huawei Technologies India Pvt. Ltd.,
Banagalore
Mobile: +91-9845062422
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which 
is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the 
information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial 
disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended 
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by 
phone or email immediately and delete it!

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 19:28:56 +0100

These are good nits, thanks.

Chairs. Do you want them worked on now or later?

A

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dhruv Dhody
> Sent: 23 May 2014 08:27
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Pce] Regarding draft-ietf-pce-questions-05
> 
> Hi Authors,
> 
> Please find some nits/comments which may be addressed as part of the next
> update, possibly triggered by responsible AD or IESG reviews.
> 
>    Title Page Header
> is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any
use
> of the
> information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total
or
> partial
> recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify
the
> sender by
> _______________________________________________
> Pce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce