Subject: [Pce] RFC 7470 on Conveying Vendor-Specific Constraints in the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 17:51:38 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7470

        Title:      Conveying Vendor-Specific Constraints in the 
                    Path Computation Element Communication Protocol 
        Author:     F. Zhang, A. Farrel
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 28647
        Obsoletes:  RFC 7150

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-rfc7150bis-01.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7470

The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) is used to
convey path computation requests and responses both between Path
Computation Clients (PCCs) and Path Computation Elements (PCEs) and
between cooperating PCEs.  In PCEP, the path computation requests carry
details of the constraints and objective functions that the PCC wishes
the PCE to apply in its computation.

This document defines a facility to carry vendor-specific information
in PCEP using a dedicated object and a new Type-Length-Value (TLV) that
can be carried in any PCEP object that supports TLVs.

This document obsoletes RFC 7150.  The only changes from that document
are a clarification of the use of the new Type-Length-Value and the allocation
of a different code point for the VENDOR-INFORMATION object.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC