Subject: [Pce] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-pcep-domain-sequence-09.txt> (Standard Representation of Domain-Sequence) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 14:16:30 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG
(pce) to consider the following document:
- 'Standard Representation of Domain-Sequence'
  <draft-ietf-pce-pcep-domain-sequence-09.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-11-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The ability to compute shortest constrained Traffic Engineering Label
   Switched Paths (TE LSPs) in Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and
   Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks across multiple domains has been
   identified as a key requirement.  In this context, a domain is a
   collection of network elements within a common sphere of address
   management or path computational responsibility such as an Interior
   Gateway Protocol (IGP) area or an Autonomous System (AS).  This
   document specifies a standard representation and encoding of a
   Domain-Sequence, which is defined as an ordered sequence of domains
   traversed to reach the destination domain to be used by Path
   Computation Elements (PCEs) to compute inter-domain constrained
   shortest paths across a predetermined sequence of domains . This
   document also defines new subobjects to be used to encode domain
   identifiers.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-domain-sequence/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-domain-sequence/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1690/