Subject: [Pce] RFC6006bis

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 09:58:01 +0000

Hi PCE WG, 

We have uploaded a bis document for RFC6006 (P2MP) - https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-palleti-pce-rfc6006bis/. 

The changes made to RFC6006 can be seen at - 
https://tools.ietf.org//rfcdiff?url1=RFC6006&url2=draft-palleti-pce-rfc6006bis-00

Summary: 

   This document obsoletes RFC 6006 making following changes to that
   document:

   o Incorporate all outstanding Errata.

      * Erratum with IDs: 3819, 3830, and 3836. 

   o Update the Routing Backus-Naur Form (RBNF) [RFC5511] for Request
   message format: 

      * Update the request message to allows for the bundling of
      multiple path computation requests within a single Path
      Computation Request (PCReq) message.

      * Add <svec-list> in PCReq message. This object was  missed in
      [RFC6006].

      * Add BNC object in PCReq message. This object is required to
      support P2MP. It shares the same format as Include Route Object
      (IRO) but it is a different object. 

      * Update the <RRO-List> format to also allow Secondary Record
      Route object (SRRO). This object was  missed in [RFC6006].

      * Removed the BANDWIDTH Object followed by Record Route Object
      (RRO) from <RRO-List>. As BANDWIDTH object doesn't need to follow
      for each RRO in the <RRO-List>, there already exist BANDWIDTH
      object follow <RRO-List> and is backward compatible with
      [RFC5440].

      * Update the <end-point-rro-pair-list> to allow optional BANDWIDTH
      object only if <RRO-List> is included. 

   o Update the RBNF for Reply message format:

      * Update PCEP allows for the bundling of multiple path computation
      responses within a single Path Computation Reply (PCRep) message.

      * Update UNREACH-DESTINATION in PCRep message. This object was 
      missed in [RFC6006].

We request WG to have a look and provide comments. 

Stateful P2MP draft is also updated to accommodate these changes -  
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-p2mp-00&url2=draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-p2mp-01

Regards,
Dhruv