Subject: [Pce] Auto-BW draft

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 23:24:51 +0900

​
​Hi WG,​ ​

You may recall that the Auto-Bandwidth draft defined 2 Models of
operations.

Model 1: PCC decides the adjusted BW
Model 2: PCC reports the bandwidth-usage, PCE decides the adjusted BW

​Model 2 has been a bit controversial, in the spirit of moving things
forward, we have decided to remove the model 2 from this draft and progress
that along with a more generic P​erformance Measurement (PM)​ draft in
another document.

​Authors have up​dated a new version which only talks about ​model 1​ where
PCC monitors the bandwidth and request for a new adjusted bandwidth for
both PCC and PCE initiated LSPs.

​With this update, we request the chairs for WG adoption. ​

Regards,
Dhruv (on behalf of my co-authors)

Name:           draft-dhody-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth
Title:          PCEP Extensions for MPLS-TE LSP Automatic Bandwidth
Adjustment with Stateful PCE
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dhody-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth-09.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dhody-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dhody-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth-09
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dhody-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth-09

Abstract:
   The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) provides
   mechanisms for Path Computation Elements (PCEs) to perform path
   computations in response to Path Computation Clients (PCCs) requests.
    The stateful PCE extensions allow stateful control of Multi-Protocol
   Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths (TE
   LSPs) using PCEP.

   This document describes PCEP extensions for automatic bandwidth
   adjustment when employing an Active Stateful PCE for both PCE-
   initiated and PCC-initiated LSPs.