Subject: [Pce] Number of front page authors

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 22:50:06 +0100

Hi folk,

A couple of recent drafts have reached "late stages" with six or more names
on the front page.

The RFC editor has indicated that five is the reasonable maximum, and the
IESG asks that we stick to that apart from in exceptional circumstances.

That means that when we do the Shepherd Write-up we have to include a
justification if you want more names on the front page. If you don't give us
that justification, then you are going to have to sort out the front page
before the draft progresses.

I know that this can be painful and disappointing, but if you don't do it or
provide a good reason, then the chairs will just have to do it for you. I
suspect you would prefer the smaller pain to the radical solution we might
provide. So please get on top of this small piece of administrivia.

A useful tool for you would be to never add the sixth name in the first
place. That is easily and completely under your control and will make any
later decisions easier.

Thanks,
Adrian