Subject: [Pce] FW: I-D Action: draft-farrel-pce-stateful-flags-01.txt

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 13:33:48 +0100

Hi WG.

Made some edits to clean it up:
- typos
- note that probably nothing has changed for existing implementations
- implementation considerations section (that doesn't say much)

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: I-D-Announce <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: 16 August 2019 13:23
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-farrel-pce-stateful-flags-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : Updated Rules for Processing Stateful PCE Request
Parameters Flags
        Author          : Adrian Farrel
	Filename        : draft-farrel-pce-stateful-flags-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2019-08-16

Abstract:
   Extensions to the Path Computation Element communications Protocol
   (PCEP) to support stateful Path Computation Elements (PCEs) are
   defined in RFC 8231.  One of the extensions is the Stateful PCE
   Request Parameters (SRP) object.  That object includes a Flags field
   that is a set of 32 bit flags, and RFC 8281 defines an IANA registry
   for tracking assigned flags.  However, RFC 8231 does not explain how
   an implementation should set unassigned flags in transmitted
   messages, nor how an implementation should process unassigned,
   unknown, or unsupported flags in received messages.

   This document updates RFC 8231 by defining the correct behaviors.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrel-pce-stateful-flags/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farrel-pce-stateful-flags-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-farrel-pce-stateful-flags-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-farrel-pce-stateful-flags-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt