Subject: [Pce] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth-10.txt> (PCEP Extensions for MPLS-TE LSP Automatic Bandwidth Adjustment with Stateful PCE) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 13:02:39 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG (pce) to
consider the following document: - 'PCEP Extensions for MPLS-TE LSP Automatic
Bandwidth Adjustment with
   Stateful PCE'
  <draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-08-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) provides
   mechanisms for Path Computation Elements (PCEs) to perform path
   computations in response to Path Computation Clients (PCCs) requests.
   The Stateful PCE extensions allow stateful control of Multi-Protocol
   Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths (TE
   LSPs) using PCEP.

   The automatic bandwidth feature allows automatic and dynamic
   adjustment of the TE LSP bandwidth reservation based on the volume of
   traffic flowing through the LSP.  This document describes PCEP
   extensions for automatic bandwidth adjustment when employing an
   Active Stateful PCE for both PCE-Initiated and PCC-Initiated LSPs.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2996/