Subject: [Pce] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-09.txt> (PCEP Extension for Flow Specification) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 13:53:07 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG (pce) to
consider the following document: - 'PCEP Extension for Flow Specification'
  <draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-07-06. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Path Computation Element (PCE) is a functional component capable
   of selecting paths through a traffic engineering network.  These
   paths may be supplied in response to requests for computation, or may
   be unsolicited instructions issued by the PCE to network elements.
   Both approaches use the PCE Communication Protocol (PCEP) to convey
   the details of the computed path.

   Traffic flows may be categorized and described using "Flow
   Specifications".  RFC XXXX defines the Flow Specification and
   describes how Flow Specification Components are used to describe
   traffic flows.  RFC XXXX also defines how Flow Specifications may be
   distributed in BGP to allow specific traffic flows to be associated
   with routes.

   This document specifies a set of extensions to PCEP to support
   dissemination of Flow Specifications.  This allows a PCE to indicate
   what traffic should be placed on each path that it is aware of.

   RFC Editor Note: Please replace XXXX in the Abstract with the RFC
   number assigned to draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis when it is published.
   Please remove this note.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3840/