Subject: [Pce] Fwd: Nomcom 2020-2021 Second Call For Volunteers

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 09:57:11 +0200

Hi PCE WG,

You may consider volunteering for the new NomCom. Please note that 2 of
the Routing ADs are going to reach the end of term in 2021.

Cheers,

Julien

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Date: 	Wed, 10 Jun 2020 11:54:56 -0700
From: 	NomCom Chair 2020 <[email-masked]>

This is the second sending of the call for volunteers for the 2020-2021
NomCom.

I wanted to mention a few updates from the previous email (sent 2 weeks
ago):
- I've fixed the URL at the bottom of the email to point to
https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2020/ instead of /2019/. This was a
test to see if anyone was paying attention. Apparently, some people were. ;)
- The IETF 108 registration form includes a checkbox that will let you
volunteer. You can use this instead of emailing me, when you register
for IETF 108.
- I currently have 39 volunteers. Last year had 149. I need more volunteers!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The IETF NomCom appoints people to fill the open slots on the LLC, IETF
Trust, the IAB, and the IESG.

Ten voting members for the NomCom are selected in a verifiably random
way from a pool of volunteers. The more volunteers, the better chance we
have of choosing a random yet representative cross section of the IETF
population.

The details of the operation of the NomCom can be found in BCP 10 (RFC
8713). RFC 3797 details the selection algorithm.

Special for this year (and only this year), we also have RFC 8788
(one-off update to RFC 8713 / BCP 10) to tell us who is eligible to
volunteer:

Members of the IETF community must have attended at least three of
the last five in-person IETF meetings in order to volunteer.

The five meetings are the five most recent in-person meetings that
ended prior to the date on which the solicitation for NomCom
volunteers was submitted for distribution to the IETF community.
Because no IETF 107 in-person meeting was held, for the 2020-2021
Nominating Committee those five meetings are IETFs
102 [Montreal, Canada; July 2018],
103 [Bangkok, Thailand; November 2018],
104 [Prague, Czech Republic; March 2019],
105 [Montreal, Canada; July 2019], and 106 [Singapore; November 2019].

Keep in mind that eligibility is based on in-person attendance at the
five listed meetings. You can check your eligibility at:
https://www.ietf.org/registration/nomcom.py.

If you qualify, please volunteer. Before you decide to volunteer, please
remember that anyone appointed to this NomCom will not be considered as
a candidate for any of the positions that the 2020 - 2021 NomCom is
responsible for filling.

People commonly volunteer by ticking the box on IETF registration forms.
The IETF 106 form did not ask whether people were willing to volunteer.
IETF 107 did ask, but all those registrations were canceled. I have
asked the Secretariat if it is possible to get the list if volunteers
from canceled IETF 107 registrations. If that list is available, I will
contact all who are verified as eligible. But given the uncertainty of
this process, I would encourage people to volunteer directly (see the
bottom of this email for instructions). Thank you for volunteering!

The list of people and posts whose terms end with the March 2021 IETF
meeting, and thus the positions for which this NomCom is responsible, are

IETF Trust:
Joel Halpern

LLC:
Maja Andjelkovic

IAB:
Jari Arkko
Jeff Tantsura
Mark Nottingham
Stephen Farrell
Wes Hardaker
Zhenbin Li

IESG:
Alissa Cooper, IETF Chair/GEN AD
Alvaro Retana, RTG AD
Barry Leiba, ART AD
Deborah Brungard, RTG AD
Éric Vyncke, INT AD
Magnus Westerlund, TSV AD
Roman Danyliw, SEC AD
Warren Kumari, OPS AD

All appointments are for 2 years. The Routing area has 3 ADs and the
General area has 1; all other areas have 2 ADs. Thus, all areas (that
have more than one AD) have at least one continuing AD.

The primary activity for this NomCom will begin in July 2020 and should
be completed in January 2021. The NomCom will have regularly scheduled
conference calls to ensure progress. There will be activities to collect
requirements from the community, review candidate questionnaires, review
feedback from community members about candidates, and talk to candidates.

While being a NomCom member does require some time commitment it is also
a very rewarding experience.

As a member of the NomCom it is very important that you be willing and
able to attend either videoconference or in-person meetings (which may
not happen) during 14-20 November (IETF 109 - Bangkok) to conduct
interviews. Videoconference attendance will be supported whether or not
there are in-person meetings. Orientation and setting of the NomCom
schedule will be done by videoconference during the week 20-24 July
(exact time and date to be determined after NomCom membership is
finalized on July 12), the week prior to IETF 108. Being at IETF 110
(Prague) is not essential.

Please volunteer by sending me an email before 23:59 UTC June 24, 2020,
as follows:

To: [email-masked]
Subject: NomCom 2020-21 Volunteer

Please include the following information in the email body:

Your Full Name: // as you write it on the IETF registration form

Current Primary Affiliation:
// Typically what goes in the Company field
// in the IETF Registration Form

Emails: // All email addresses used to register for the past 5 IETF meetings
// Preferred email address first

Telephone: // For confirmation if selected

You should expect an email response from me within 5 business days
stating whether or not you are qualified. If you don't receive this
response, please re-send your email with the tag "RESEND"" added to the
subject line.

If you are not yet sure if you would like to volunteer, please consider
that NomCom members play a very important role in shaping the leadership
of the IETF. Questions by email or voice are welcome. Volunteering for
the NomCom is a great way to contribute to the IETF!

You can find a detailed timeline on the NomCom web site at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2020/

I will be publishing a more detailed target timetable, as well as
details of the randomness seeds to be used for the RFC 3797 selection
process, within the next few weeks.

Thank you!

Barbara Stark
bs7652 at att dot com
nomcom-chair-2020 at ietf dot org

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.