Subject: [Pce] draft-dhodylee-pce-pcep-te-data-extn

From: Gyan Mishra <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 22:35:56 -0400

Dear PCE WG,

We presented the PCEP-LS [1] I-D [2] in the IETF 110 with a quick recap and
a summary of past discussions. Some new scenarios such as PCECC, H-PCE were
highlighted where the PCEP session could be reused.

This is an experimental I-D with the aim to progress research and
development efforts. This work is not a replacement for any of the existing
mechanisms. There are specific scenarios highlighted where the reuse of
PCEP sessions for this information is deemed useful. To make progress, it
may not be useful to rehash the beauty context between everyone's favorite
protocol :). What would be useful would be - finding out if there is still
interest in this experimental work by some in the WG; are there strong
technical objections for the experiment in its limited scope etc...

As a next step, it would be good to define the scope of the experiments and
expected output especially targeting the scalability concerns as well as
impact in other protocols and the network, etc.

Thanks!
Gyan (on behalf of co-authors)

[1]
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/110/materials/slides-110-pce-42-pcep-ls-00.pdf
[2] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dhodylee-pce-pcep-ls/
==

<http://www.verizon.com/>

*Gyan Mishra*

*Network Solutions A**rchitect *

*Email [email-masked] <[email-masked]>*

*M 301 502-1347*