Subject: [Pce] 2 flags in draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 08:36:55 +0530

Hi WG,

draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid defines 2 flags in TE-PATH-BINDING TLV -

   o  S-Flag: This flag encodes the "Specified-BSID-only" behavior.  It
      is used as described in Section 6.2.3 of
      [I-D.ietf-spring-segment-routing-policy].

   o  I-Flag: This flag encodes the "Drop Upon Invalid" behavior.  It is
      used as described in Section 8.2 of
      [I-D.ietf-spring-segment-routing-policy].

Adrian pointed out that this would make
draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-policy a normative reference. Also
that the handling of these flags is not discussed further in this I-D
and seems to be applicable only with respect to the SR policy. The
change suggested is to have no flags defined in this I-D and a code
point registry created for the future.

Cheng suggested moving these flags to the SR Policy I-D
draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-policy-cp. This would simply move the
content from one WG I-D to another and should not have any technical
issue. Are there any concerns with this approach?

Thanks!
Dhruv