Subject: [Pce] RFC 9050 on Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) Procedures and Extensions for Using the PCE as a Central Controller (PCECC) of LSPs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 11:03:11 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9050

        Title:      Path Computation Element Communication Protocol 
                    (PCEP) Procedures and Extensions for Using 
                    the PCE as a Central Controller 
                    (PCECC) of LSPs 
        Author:     Z. Li,
                    S. Peng,
                    M. Negi,
                    Q. Zhao,
                    C. Zhou
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-pcep-extension-for-pce-controller-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9050

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9050

The Path Computation Element (PCE) is a core component of
Software-Defined Networking (SDN) systems.

A PCE as a Central Controller (PCECC) can simplify the processing of
a distributed control plane by blending it with elements of SDN and
without necessarily completely replacing it. Thus, the Label Switched
Path (LSP) can be calculated/set up/initiated and the
label-forwarding entries can also be downloaded through a centralized
PCE server to each network device along the path while leveraging the
existing PCE technologies as much as possible.

This document specifies the procedures and Path Computation Element
Communication Protocol (PCEP) extensions for using the PCE as the
central controller for provisioning labels along the path of the
static LSP.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC