Subject: [pcp] #56: Handling of the "O" bit is not fully specified for clients

From: "pcp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 14:10:06 -0000

#56: Handling of the "O" bit is not fully specified for clients

 > 4. Handling of the "O" bit is not fully specified for clients.

-- 
--------------------------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  Stuart Cheshire <cheshire@…>          |       Owner:  draft-ietf-pcp-base@…             
     Type:  defect                                |      Status:  new                               
 Priority:  major                                 |   Milestone:                                    
Component:  base                                  |     Version:                                    
 Severity:  -                                     |    Keywords:                                    
--------------------------------------------------+-------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/56>
pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>

---

From: "pcp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 15:41:52 -0000

Comment(by dthaler@…):

 Page 14 talks about what PCP server does, but doesn't say what client does
 on receiption.
 Stuart will propose text.

 Paul - Design principle is client does not send errors to server.  Client
 can only ignore whether or not O bit is set.
 Stuart - so in server-client direction all options are optional
 Dan - agree

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/56#comment:1>
pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>

---

From: "pcp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:19:50 -0000

Changes (by cheshire@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Added comment that clients may ignore any and all options.

-- 
--------------------------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  Stuart Cheshire <cheshire@…>          |        Owner:  draft-ietf-pcp-base@…             
     Type:  defect                                |       Status:  closed                            
 Priority:  major                                 |    Milestone:                                    
Component:  base                                  |      Version:                                    
 Severity:  -                                     |   Resolution:  fixed                             
 Keywords:                                        |  
--------------------------------------------------+-------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/56#comment:2>
pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>