Subject: [pcp] PANA implementatinos to consider

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 14:57:52 -0000

hi.
So, as I mentioned  earlier I'm either in the camp of strongly
preferring PCP-specific authentication or in the camp of not caring much
at all.

I'd kind of like to find out which camp I'm in by the 21st.

My nervousness is about implementation complexity. I would like to see
PCP authentication be something that can easily be implemented with
open-source libraries. I know how to do that if we use an EAP library
directly. I've managed projects doing something quite similar and I
understand the implementation complexity.

Would people familiar with PANA implementation be willing to suggest
which implementation I should look at? I'd prefer to look at one, but if
there's disagreement I'd be happy to look at two.
I'm sure you've done your analysis on this point but I'll feel more
comfortable if I do my own.

I'll be happy to share my conclusions as I suspect that there are other
WG participants who care about implementation complexity.

If there are open-source PCP servers I'd be happy to glance at those
just to see how things like memory management, event loop and state
management line up.

--Sam

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 02:50:13 +0900

Sam,

There are two open source PANA implementations that are actively
maintained:

cpana: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cpana/
openpana: http://sourceforge.net/projects/openpana/

(cpana is implemented by Toshiba, and openpana is implemented by
University of Murcia, Spain.  I know implementors of both projects.)

In addition to open source implementations, several ZigBee IP vendors
implemented PANA as well and they inter-operate with each other.
Although I have not heard a complainment from those vendors about
complexity of PANA, I am happy to hear your analysis on the open
source implementations.  I would expect open source implementors are
smart to accommodate your feedback.

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba

(2012/09/13 23:57), Sam Hartman wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> pcp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcp
>