Subject: [pcp] PCP MTU

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 14:49:57 +0900

In draft-ietf-pcp-base-27, the PCP MTU size is 1024 octets.

For PANA encapsulation approach, the PCP MTU size will need to be
increased to meet the minimum EAP MTU of 1020 octets.  As far as I
remember this was discussed in the last interim meeting, but I would
like to double check if there is any issue with increasing the PCP MTU
size.

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 07:59:45 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Yoshihiro Ohba
> Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:50 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [pcp] PCP MTU
> 

I don't see any issues.  

PCP header (24) + PANA header (16 octets) + PANA AVP header (12) = 52
octets.  EAP needs 1020.  1020 + 52 = 1072.  Rounding that up to 1100, there
is still room for IPv6 (40) and UDP (8) headers without hitting the IPv6
minimum MTU of 1280.

Expect to see 1100 in pcp-base-28.

-d