Subject: Re: [pcp] Review of draft-maglione-pcp-radius-ext-05

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 09:15:16 -0400

Alan DeKok wrote:
>   This email is a quick review of the draft-maglione-pcp-radius-ext-05
> document.  Overall, it looks fairly good.

  Another note.  Section 3 says:

   In the scenario depicted in Figure 2 the Access-Request packet
   contains a Service-Type attribute with the value Authorize Only (17),
   thus according to [RFC5080] the Access-Request packet MUST contain a
   State attribute.

  That text is identical with previous drafts using RADIUS for
authorization-only.  It's wrong.  See:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-6rd-radius-attrib-06

---

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 09:18:43 -0400

Finishing the message...

  That text is identical with previous drafts using RADIUS for
authorization-only.  It's wrong.

  There was a LOT of discussion in RADEXT about this.  There's really no
perfect solution.  But the text should be fixed.

  Alan DeKok.