Subject: [pcp] Protocol Action: 'Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) Internet Gateway Device (IGD)-Port Control Protocol (PCP) Interworking Function' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pcp-upnp-igd-interworking-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 11:46:17 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) Internet Gateway Device (IGD)-Port
   Control Protocol (PCP) Interworking Function'
  (draft-ietf-pcp-upnp-igd-interworking-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Port Control Protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ted Lemon and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pcp-upnp-igd-interworking/

Technical Summary

    This document specifies the behavior of the UPnP IGD (Internet 
    Gateway Device)/PCP Interworking Function.  A UPnP IGD-PCP 
    Interworking Function (IGD-PCP IWF) is required to be embedded in CP 
    (Customer Premises) routers to allow for transparent NAT control in 
    environments where UPnP IGD is used on the LAN side and PCP on the 
    external side of the CP router. 

Working Group Summary

    Nothing unusual.

Document Quality

    A public implementation is available at 
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcpclient/?source=directory. 
    The authors are also aware of other implementations from some 
    CPE vendors that are not yet disclosed publically. 

    The PCP WG has a policy to not send a document until the WG 
    has consensus and there are at least 5 people who have reviewed 
    and ok'ed the document.  Many others were involved in reviews 
    of earlier versions, but the WGLC oks came from: 

    Xiaohong Deng <[email-masked]> 
    Dave Thaler <[email-masked]> 
    Reinaldo Penno <[email-masked]> 
    Tiru Reddy <[email-masked]> 
    Paul Selkirk <[email-masked]> 

    The above reviewers collectively represent multiple implementations 
    or potential future implementations.

Personnel

    Dave Thaler <[email-masked]> is the document shepherd;
    Ted Lemon <[email-masked]> is the responsible AD.