Subject: [pcp] Protocol Action: 'Port Control Protocol (PCP) Proxy Function' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pcp-proxy-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 00:54:45 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Port Control Protocol (PCP) Proxy Function'
  (draft-ietf-pcp-proxy-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Port Control Protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pcp-proxy/

Technical Summary:

   This document specifies a new PCP functional element denoted as a PCP
   Proxy.  The PCP Proxy relays PCP requests received from PCP clients
   to upstream PCP server(s).  A typical deployment usage of this
   function is to help establish successful PCP communications for PCP
   clients that can not be configured with the address of a PCP server
   located more than one hop away.

Working Group Summary:

    The WG has consensus on this document, nothing particularly rough.

Document Quality:

    It is unknown whether there are existing implementations, although
    the existence of this draft was motivated by experience from Apple's
    implementation.

Personnel:

Who is the Document Shepherd? 

    Dave Thaler <[email-masked]>

Who is the Responsible Area Director? 

    Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>