Subject: [pcp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pcp-port-set-10.txt> (Port Control Protocol (PCP) Extension for Port Set Allocation) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 10:31:03 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Port Control Protocol WG (pcp)
to consider the following document:
- 'Port Control Protocol (PCP) Extension for Port Set Allocation'
  <draft-ietf-pcp-port-set-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-10-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In some use cases, e.g.,Lightweight 4over6 (lw4o6) [RFC7596], the
   client may require not just one port, but a port set.  This document
   defines an extension to the Port Control Protocol (PCP) allowing
   clients to manipulate sets of ports as a whole.  This is accomplished
   by a new MAP option: PORT_SET.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pcp-port-set/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pcp-port-set/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.