Subject: [pcp] RFC 7648 on Port Control Protocol (PCP) Proxy Function

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 14:11:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7648

        Title:      Port Control Protocol (PCP) Proxy Function 
        Author:     S. Perreault,
                    M. Boucadair,
                    R. Penno,
                    D. Wing,
                    S. Cheshire
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 31233
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pcp-proxy-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7648

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7648

This document specifies a new Port Control Protocol (PCP) functional
element: the PCP proxy.  The PCP proxy relays PCP requests received
from PCP clients to upstream PCP server(s).  A typical deployment
usage of this function is to help establish successful PCP
communications for PCP clients that cannot be configured with the
address of a PCP server located more than one hop away.

This document is a product of the Port Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC