Subject: [Perc] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-perc-srtp-ekt-diet-11: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 04:54:29 -0800

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-perc-srtp-ekt-diet-11: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-perc-srtp-ekt-diet/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work put into this document.  Please find below two
non-blocking questions.

NB: the document shepherd write-up should be updated with the responsible AD ;-)

Regards,

-éric

About section 4.3.1

What is a "packet" in the context of "appended to the packet"? Is it the UDP
payload ? Should the UDP length be increased? is it the layer-2 frame ?

I also wonder whether 250 msec is enough in all case... Unsure whether SRTP is
only used in real-time communication (for info, just reviewed 2 I-D from Delay
Tolerant Network... so I may be biased)