Subject: [Pidloc] Let's start

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 11:49:26 -0500

Folks,

As the summer is over, it is time to
start talking about our favorite subject, IdLoc protocols and privacy
issues.

As you may know, Erik Nordmark published a draft:
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-nordmark-id-loc-privacy-00.txt

in July 2018 just before IETF 102 in Montreal.

We would like to propose taking this draft as a PS (problem statement)
draft to base the technical discussions on this list and then build other
work/ drafts around it.

Since publication, draft-nordmark-id-loc-privacy received a number of
comments on other lists. However it is yet to be discussed on this list.

So this mail invites people to please read the draft and get on the
discussions.
Also of course if you have a new idea which deserves attention, write a
draft and let us know about it. We may also have some ideas and then we may
initiate discussions on those in the coming days.

Our goal currently is to go for a BoF in IETF 104 in Prague.

Also before closing, let me state again, as Dirk did, please encourage
people you know to subscribe pidloc at
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pidloc

Thanks,

Behcet & Dirk