Subject: Submitting IETF draft

From: Peng Fei <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:32:14 +0800

Hi, 

I have an idea to improve TCP performance across imperfect links. Since the main reason to 
impact TCP performance over wireless links is the unnecessary window reduction by packet 
losses irrelevant to congestion, so instead of directly sort to link layer, I propose a simple 
and effective way to solve this problem at transport layer. I hope this would make some 
contribution to your discussion. I am not sure if your insterst only concerns link layer. And 
how can I submit it, the procedure? I have written the paper according to the format of IETF 
draft.

Best Regards 

Fei

---

From: Miguel Sanchez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 12:41:08 +0200

> how can I submit it, the procedure? I have written the paper according to the format of IETF

Hi Fei,

It is my understanding that the PILC group is dealing with link level issues. The problem of
transport layer changes is that you have to rebuild the whole protocol stack
_in_the_whole_internet in order of these changes to be effective all over the world. Because link
level solutions have only a local impact (not the whole Internet) they are likely easier to
deploy.

However, this is only my personal view, so maybe other people on the list have a different
opinion.

Best,

Miguel Sanchez
Universidad Politecnica de Valencia (Spain)