Subject: LINK -07 online rather than -08

From: root <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 02:47:50 -0800

The copy of LINK on www.ietf.org has been updated, but for some reason
it's version -07 rather than the copy of -08 I tried to submit in the
face of that broken deadline mechanism just before Thanksgiving.

I don't know how or why this happened...

Phil

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 03:36:44 +0000 (GMT)

> face of that broken deadline mechanism just before Thanksgiving.

If you bother to read it (as painful as that suggestion may seem at
this point), you will see that it is in fact the -08 you submitted,
including my fixes and Dan's strongarm security rewrite, but
relabelled as -07. Note the alphabetical author reordering tidyup, the
updating of ARQ ref from -02 to -03... or I suppose you could just
read the security section.

$ diff draft-ietf-pilc-link-design-07-as-pub.txt
draft-ietf-pilc-link-design-08-phil.txt
1,2d0
<
<
17c15
< File: draft-ietf-pilc-link-design-07.txt                  November,
2001
---
> File: draft-ietf-pilc-link-design-08.txt                  November,
2001
2092d2089
<

> I don't know how or why this happened..

I don't think the numbering system (or deadline) were invented only
for your convenience.

L.

<[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>