Subject: [pilc] 2nd CFP: 1st International Workshop on Broadband Wireless Multimedia (BroadWIM) 2004

From: Archan Misra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 14:18:44 -0400

[Sincere apologies for possible multiple copies of this message]

Pls. note that we have extended the submission deadline well in advance 
due to modifications in the overall review schedule.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
First International Workshop on Broadband Wireless Multimedia: Algorithms, 
Architectures and Applications (BroadWIM)
                Friday, October 29, 2004 San Jose, California, USA  
http://www.broadwim.org
                (co-located with BroadNets 2004, http://www.broadnets.org)
                (Technically co-sponsored by IEEE Communications Society)

CALL FOR PAPERS

The emergence and adoption of broadband wireless access standards, such as 
802.16, 802.16a and 802.11a, offers exciting new possibilities for 
delivering rich multimedia content over the "last mile". The workshop is 
intended to present and discuss new architectures for delivering such rich 
media over single-hop or mesh broadband wireless architectures. It also 
focuses on the algorithms and protocols needed to integrate the 
application layer requirements, such as QoS, security etc. with the base 
functionality offered by the standardized 802.16/11 and other WLAN and 
WWAN interfaces. Of particular interest are practical case studies, 
demonstrations or pilots of innovative techniques for delivering a variety 
of multimedia content over such broadband local or metropolitan wireless 
networks. Preliminary results on interesting ideas and techniques are more 
welcome than detailed analysis of existing schemes.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:

* System Prototypes and Experiences with Broadband Multimedia Delivery
* IP-based Multimedia Services over WLANs and WMANs
* Signaling for Converged Multimedia Applications
* QoS for Real-time Voice and Video in Broadband Wireless Networks
* Encoding Alternatives for Multi-media Streams
* Video/Audio Distribution Architectures in Broadband WLANs and WMANs
* Multicasting and Broadcasting Problems and Solutions
* Caching and Content Management in WLANs and WMANs
* Algorithms for Controlling Delay and Jitter in Broadband Channels
* Integration of Broadband Wireless and WPANs/WBANs
* Wireless Broadband Multimedia and Sensor Applications
* Multimedia delivery for broadband vehicular networks
* Multimedia services for Ambient Intelligent and Pervasive Environments

PAPERS SUBMISSION

Papers should be written in English and should not exceed approximately 
5000 words, including figures and references. (Each figure counts as 250 
words). For the initial submissions, the papers should be in 
double-spaced, single-column format with a separate abstract of at most 
250 words. Papers should be submitted in PDF format according to the 
instruction at http://cnd1.iit.cnr.it/broadwim04. All papers will be peer 
reviewed. Papers of particular merit will be considered for a special 
issue of a reputed journal and/or magazine.

Submission Deadline:         June 25, 2004  (extended from June 15, 2004). 
 
Acceptance Notification    August 1, 2004
Final paper submission:     August 10, 2004 
Workshop date:               October 29, 2004

WHORKSHOP ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

Workshop Chairs:
---------------

Marco Conti
Istituto Informatica e Telematica (IIT)
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR)
Italy

and

Archan Misra 
IBM T.J. Watson Research
USA

Technical Program Committee:
---------------------------------------

Arup Acharya, IBM Research, USA
Kevin Almeroth, UC Santa Barbara , USA
John Apostopolous, HP Labs, USA
Giuseppe Bianchi, Univ. of Rome "Tor Vergata", Italy
Rajarathnam Chandramouli, Stevens Institute of Tech, USA
Sunghyun Choi, Seoul Natl. Univ, Korea
Jon Crowcroft, Univ. of Cambridge, UK
Sujit Dey, UC San Diego, USA
Magda El-Zarki, UC Irvine, USA
Aura Ganz, Univ. of Massachusetts, USA
Javier Gomez, Natl. Univ. of Mexico, Mexico
Martin Mauve, Univ. of Düsseldorf, Germany
Giacomo Morabito, Univ. of Catania, Italy
Hiroyuki Morikawa, Univ. of Tokyo, Japan
Michael Paterakis, Technical Univ. of Crete, Greece
Sanjoy Paul, Lucent Bell Labs, USA
Keith Ross, Brooklyn Poly, USA
Ioannis Stavrakakis, Univ. of Athens, Greece
Vijay Subramanian, Motorola Research, USA
Fouad Tobagi, Stanford University, USA
Ooi Wei Tsang, Natl. Univ. of Singapore, Singapore 
Thierry Turletti, INRIA, France
Roger Zimmerman, Univ. of Southern California, USA

_______________________________________________
pilc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pilc
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/pilc-charter.html
http://pilc.grc.nasa.gov/