Subject: [[email-masked]: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pim-v2-dm-02.txt]

From: Liming Wei <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 10:11:10 -0700 (PDT)

This version is the same as the one posted before the Minneapolis meeting,
except the boilerplate was updated per the new ID requirements.

So is the other submission on PIM authentication. BTW, the WG last
call to move forward to PS on both drafts have expired.

Also, I'd like to solicit comments on the current PIM-SM draft. I have
collected past comments on the draft, both from messages on this list
and those sent to us/me in private. I plan to work on them in the next
week or so. I think most of them are of a clarification nature, and
can be done pretty quickly.

-Liming
------- Start of forwarded message -------
To: IETF-Announce:;
Cc: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pim-v2-dm-02.txt
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:03:46 -0400
Sender: [email-masked]

- --NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Protocol Independent Multicast Version 2 Dense Mode Specification
        Author(s)	: S. Deering, D. Estrin, D. Farinacci, V. Jacobson, A. Helmy, D. Meyer, 
                          L.Wei
        Filename	: draft-ietf-pim-v2-dm-02.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 19-May-99
	
This specification defines a multicast routing algorithm efficient for
multicast  groups  that are densely distributed across a network. This
protocol does not have a topology discovery mechanism often used by  a
unicast  routing protocol. It employes the same packet formats sparse-
mode PIM [PIMSM] uses. This protocol is  called  dense-mode  PIM.  The
foundation of this design was largely built on Deering's early work on
IP multicast routing [Deering91].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-v2-dm-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pim-v2-dm-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-v2-dm-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

- --NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

- --OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-v2-dm-02.txt

- --OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-ietf-pim-v2-dm-02.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

- --OtherAccess--

- --NextPart--
------- End of forwarded message -------

---

From: Dave Thaler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 17:01:18 -0700 (PDT)

> can be done pretty quickly.

Can you put a list of the points you've collected up on a web page?
I've seen other WGs do this in the past with good results.

Thanks,
-Dave

---

From: Liming Wei <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 15:32:27 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Dave Thaler <[email-masked]>
> 

I will post a summary via email, and also attach it to the revised
draft. The posting will be archieved at Tom's web site.

Some of the messages were posted on the WG mailing list.  The private
messages may not be appropriate to be posted "as is".  But I'll reword
or do an abstract of the relevant ones, unless I'm explicitly told to
not do so.

-Liming