Subject: (PIM-SM) source address in register stop message

From: "bhavesh pathak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 05:07:21 PDT

Dear everybody,
In section 3.3.2 PIM-SM draft says that,

2. If the matching (S,G) or (*,G) state contains a null oif
   list, the RP unicasts a Register-Stop message to the source of
   the Register message; in the latter case, the source-address
   field, within the Register-Stop message, is set to the wildcard
   value (all 0's). This message is not processed by intermediate
   routers, hence no (S,G) state is constructed between the RP and
   the source.

Register-stop message is unicasted to sender of Register-Request.
So, In all the cases (whether source address is all 0's or not)
register-stop message will be processed by only source of
Register-Request and never by intermediate routers.

So, significance of setting source address to all 0's when matching entry is 
(*,G)?

with regards,
bhavesh

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com