Subject: Re: The Assert Mechanism

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:22:55 -0700

>...on the
>next IGMP report the router will again create (*,G) and add the interface to
>the olist...

The IGMP spec doesn't say anything about informing the router component
on every IGMP report (i.e. this is an implementation-dependent issue).
I'd much rather see the PIM spec talk about not removing interfaces with
group members in response to prunes or timeouts.

  Bill

---

From: Isidor Kouvelas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 17:04:52 -0700

>>next IGMP report the router will again create (*,G) and add the interface to

I was refering to the case where state is cleared by configuration on a
router. In this case the next IGMP report will be the first the router hears
of the group.

>group members in response to prunes or timeouts.

Same here.

Isidor