Subject: some doubts in PIM-DM draft

From: "bhavesh pathak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 00:02:58 PDT

Dear everyone,

I have following doubts in PIM-SM draft.

1. In section-5 it says that,

  " If a router creates a (S,G) entry with  an  empty  outgoing         
interface  list after receiving a multicast datagram,..."

I am not able to understand when router will need to create a
empty (S,G) entry.

2. In the section-5 it says that,

   "The Hello message  has  a  Holdtime  field  that  tells  the
    neighbor  to delete neighbor information if it is not refreshed
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    before expiration."

Can some one explain me what all is the stored as a part of
neighbor information?

thanks,
bhavesh

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com