Subject: (PIM-SM) subsection-3 of 3.2.2

From: "bhavesh pathak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 04:23:04 PDT

Dear everyone,

I am not able to understand following part from the section
3.2.2.

3. For each (Si,G) entry associated with group G: i) if
   Si is not included in the prune list, ii) if I is not on
   the same subnet as the address Si, and iii) if I is not the
   iif, then interface I is added to the oif list and the
   Oif-timer for that interface in each affected entry is
   increased (never decreased) to the Holdtime included in the
   Join/Prune message.  In addition, if the Oif-timer for that
   interface is increased, the Oif-Deletion-Delay for that
   interface is set to 1/3rd the Holdtime specified in the
   Join/Prune message.

   If the group address in the Join/Prune message is `*' then
   every (*,G) and (S,G) entry, whose group address hashes to
   the RP indicated in the (*,*,RP) Join/Prune message, is
   updated accordingly. A `*' in the group field of the
   Join/Prune is represented by a group address 224.0.0.0 and
   a group mask length of 4, indicating a (*,*,RP) Join.

can someone help me to understand above part with some example
or something like that..

with regards,
bhavesh

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com