Subject: W bit

From: "bhavesh pathak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:58:29 PDT

Dear everyone,
draft say tat (on page-49)
"
W   The WC bit is a 1 bit value. If 1, the join or  prune
     applies to the (*,G) or (*,*,RP) entry. If 0, the join
     or prune applies to the (S,G) entry where S is Source
     Address.  Joins and prunes sent towards the RP must
     have this bit set."

From above it looks as if Join/Prune for (S,G) cannot be sent
towards RP. Is it correct?

with regards,
bhavesh

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:34:58 -0700 (PDT)

> towards RP. Is it correct?

s,g prunes need to be sent to RP when your on the SPT for that
paritcular source, you'd send it with the RPT bit set.

AFAIK rfc2362 didn't explicitly talk about s,g joins to the RP, but I
seem to remember an email where Dino confirmed that s,g.rpt joins
toward the RP should be supported.

- rusty