Subject: pim-dm state refresh..

From: "Wadhwa, Sanjay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 18:34:03 -0400

This is on pim-refresh draft...

In section 7. it is stated that "holes can be created because downstream
routers
without the state refresh capability will not sent PIM grafts when (S,G)
prune state
times out"....

However pim-dm draft mandates sending grafts upstream when (S,G) prune state
times out (even when the entry and prune timers expire at the same time)... 
From pim-dm draft section 5.6 :
" If the prune timers on different outgoing  interfaces  are  different,
  the  pruned  interface  with  the  shortest remaining timer may expire
  first and turn the negative cache entry into  forwarding  state.  When
  this  happens,  a  graft should be triggered upstream"

It also says...
" If the prune timer expires at the exactly same time as the (S,G) entry
  timer, a graft should still be triggered upstream."

Looks like the  problem stated in the state-refresh draft should not happen
if this is
followed...

-Sanjay