Subject: No PIM working group meeting

From: Tom Pusateri <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 07:59:44 -0800

We're not planning on having a PIM meeting in Adelaide since
the only topics I've heard mention of are also going to be
played in other working group meetings.

We're in an unusual state right now since most of the primary
PIM document authors have moved on to start-ups or other things
and new people are needed to back-fill those roles.

Hopefully we will see some forward progress on the documents
real soon now but if we don't, we might want to consider
publishing what we have as informational or experimental.

If you have an interest and putting a bit of effort into
the documents please contact myself or Liming.

Thanks,
Tom

---

From: Isidor Kouvelas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 08:22:52 -0800

I would like to present some of the issues we have found with the
PIM-SM draft. There are several serious problems with the current
draft and feedback from the working group on the proposed solutions
would be helpful. The complete set of issues can be found on the web
page at: http://www.aciri.org/fenner/mcast/pim/sm/issues.html

thanks
Isidor

---

From: Tom Pusateri <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 08:30:48 -0800

How much time would you like. The other topics I heard of were:

PIM-SO Trials from Sprintlabs
PIM Lite from Cain/Sandick
PIM for IPv6 from Habermann

Can these peole send time estimates as well?

Thanks,
Tom

---

From: Liming Wei <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:41:20 -0800 (PST)

Folks,
 
I will not be going to Australia for the next IETF, but will review
draft submissions for the working group. Tom has agreed to run the
next meeting.

WRT to the spec updates, I have not been able to keep up with all
the inquiries in the past couple of months. We have convinced
Yiqun Cai ([email-masked]), a veteran in multicast routing, to act
as the primary editor, while I serve as a co-editor. Yiqun has started
to work on the spec, but please keep in mind that he also has a day
job. The plan is to complete another revision before the next IETF
after the current one. Our priority is still to clarify the spec,
correct remaining mistakes, and filling in missing pieces. We do not
plan to put in any new mechanisms in the PIM version 2 spec. We
will try to cover questions raised by members of the WG, on the WG
mailing list or via individual emails.

 Thanks,

-Liming
----------
> From: Tom Pusateri <[email-masked]>
>

---

From: Tom Pusateri <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 13:03:58 -0800

Well, the scheduling people say we missed the cutoff and we
can't get a time slot.

Unless you hear otherwise, it looks like we can't have a meeting
even if we wanted to.

Tom