Subject: Re: PIM hello option DR priority

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 23:07:19 -0700

Let's step back a little and see if we have rough consensus on Liming's
original option #3:

 3) Deprecate the current Bi-Dir option code 19, making it the
    DR priority election priority code again. Make code 18 an
    invalid option, and reassign a new code for Bi-Dir option

From the discussion on the mailing list so far, it's my opinion that
there's rough consensus on this so the rest of the discussion is
irrelevant.

  Bill

---

From: Yiqun Cai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 23:23:23 -0700 (PDT)

Bill,

I disagree. This option doesn't address all the backward interop 
issues. The discussion is still open, IMO.

-- 
Yiqun