Subject: R bit in Assert message

From: "Jyotheeswara Rao Kurma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 11:36:38 +0500

Hi All :

   How is an Assert message classified as being (*,G ) or (S,G )
assert , is it based on the combination of group address, and source 
address fields or based on R bit. If it is based on group address and 
source address fileds , how exacltly is this done ?

In any case how exactly this is done.
Thanks for any info,
Jyotheesh

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it 
as such. 
-- Henry Miller

---

From: Isidor Kouvelas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 08:57:07 -0700

>source address fileds , how exacltly is this done ?

It is based on the R bit setting. The R bit is set for (*,G) asserts.
We are in the process of adding a description to the packet format
section.

thanks
I