Subject: implementation of pim-sm

From: Abdelkader Lahmadi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:32:29 +0200

hi,
in the implementation of  PIM-SM from catarina,  if the  DR is the source of
multicast data, does members attached to his interfaces receive these data?
regards,

---------------------------------------------
  Lahmadi Abdelkader
  LORIA - UHP NANCY I
  CAMPUS SCIENTIFIQUE B.P.239
  54506 VANDOEUVRE-LES-NANCY CEDEX
  E-mail : [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------

---

From: Pavlin Ivanov Radoslavov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 08:53:50 -0700

> multicast data, does members attached to his interfaces receive these data?

They should receive the data. If they don't then this is a bug (your
test-input here is welcome :)

However, some time ago I was doing some testing on OpenBSD-2.7 and I
found some weird behavior (PIM-independent) when if both the sender
and receiver are binded on one particular interface, then receiver
doesn't get the data. If both were binded on a different interface,
the receiver was getting the data. At that time I didn't debug the
problem further, but it is always a good idea to start your testing
with something very simple to make sure that the problem is not
somewhere else.

Regards,
Pavlin