Subject: Is there ps version of RFC2362

From: Jiang Pet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:48:32 +0800 (CST)

Hi all,

In RFC2362.txt, it said that figures are only in ps
version. I can't find the ps version through Internet.

Is there any guy can tell me where can I get the ps
version?

Thanks a lot.

Don Jiang

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!? 登录免费雅虎电邮! http://mail.yahoo.com.cn
聚焦财经热点，尽揽商海风云！―― 
雅虎财经全新改版! http://cn.finance.yahoo.com

---

From: John Zwiebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:50:49 -0700

> version. I can't find the ps version through Internet.

Folks:

Let me remind you all that 2362 is EXPERIMENTAL,
	--that its 3 years old
	--it wasn't written as clearly as it could have been.
		(not because the authors didn't try, but because
		there wasn't enough operational experience to understand
		what the implications were for some of the decisions)
	--that there is a new PIM draft which builds on 2362 _and_ additional
		years of experience to result in something that -- though
		not easy to read or understand -- provides much clearer
		implementation information than the RFC
	--that if you implement the RFC only, you're going to have to 
		eventually refer to this DRAFT at some point in time to 
		clean up the problems you are going to encounter.
		
You can obtain several PIM drafts at:
	http://www.ietf.org/ids.by.wg/pim.html

>From IETF RFC Index:
2362 Protocol Independent Multicast-Sparse Mode (PIM-SM): Protocol
     Specification. D. Estrin, D. Farinacci, A. Helmy, D. Thaler, S.
     Deering, M. Handley, V. Jacobson, C. Liu, P. Sharma, L. Wei. June
     1998. (Format: TXT=159833 bytes) (Obsoletes RFC2117) (Status:
     EXPERIMENTAL)

I've spent the last 7 years working on PIM, finding all kinds of
"corner cases" that just don't seem like they "should have been"
important, but which somehow seem to always bite one in the ...

I'm not saying the new DRAFT is perfect.  And it would be nice to get
more eyes looking at it to clean up some of those problems.  But, if you
really want to implement PIM -- or for that matter, just know how it is
"suppose to work", please be sure to include this DRAFT in your reading.

I include a pdf version attached here so that no one will have an excuse
that they couldn't find it.  

Thanks 

z