Subject: New version of bidir PIM spec

From: Isidor Kouvelas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 09:53:39 -0700

draft-ietf-pim-bidir-03.txt,.ps is now available. Main changes since 02:
- Correction of many small errors in the DF election tables and
  diagram.
- Added explanation for DF election actions and states.
- Specification of the bidir capable Hello option.

thanks
I

------- Forwarded Message

To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pim-bidir-03.txt,.ps
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 06:59:55 -0400
Sender: [email-masked]

- --NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Bi-directional Protocol Independent Multicast        
                         (BIDIR-PIM)
	Author(s)	: M. Handley, I. Kouvelas, T. Speakman, L. Vicisano
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pim-bidir-03.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 40
	Date		: 20-Jun-01
	
This document discusses Bi-directional PIM, a variant of PIM
Sparse-Mode [9] that builds bi-directional shared trees
connecting multicast sources and receivers. Bi-directional
trees are built using a fail-safe Designated Forwarder (DF)
election mechanism operating on each link of a multicast
topology.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-bidir-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pim-bidir-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-bidir-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

- --NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

- --OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-bidir-03.txt

- --OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-ietf-pim-bidir-03.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

- --OtherAccess--

- --NextPart--

------- End of Forwarded Message