Subject: [pim] PIM SM.

From: "Boris Shechter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:56:57 +0200

|      |                                         |          |
        +--+------+------+                                +-+----------+---+
        |Router          |                                |Router          |
        |ip=10.10.10.10  |                                |ip=10.10.10.11  |
        |                |                                |                |
        |      A         |                                |      B         |
        |                |                                |                |
        +-------+--------+      +--------+                +-------+--------+
                |               |  PC    |                        |
                |               |        |                        |
                |               |(*,G)   |                        |
                |               +---+----+                        |
                |                   |                             |
                |                   |                             |
----------------+-------------------+-----------------------------+-------------- Lan
                |                                                 |
                |                                                 |
                |                                                 |
                |                                                 |
                |                                                 |
                |                                                 |
        +-------+--------+                                +-------+--------+
        |Router          |                                |Router          |
        |ip=10.10.10.5   |                                |ip=10.10.10.4   |
        |     C          |                                |      D         |
        |                |                                |                |
        |                |                                |ip=9.10.10.10   |
        +----------------+                                +-------+--------+
                                                                  |
                                                                  |
                                                                  |
                                                                  |
                                                                  |
                                                                  |
                                                          +-------+--------+
                                                          |Rondevouz       |
                                                          |Point           |
                                                          |                |
                                                          |                |
                                                          |                |
                                                          +-------+--------+

                           Hi!
I have some question about PIM-SP .

May be somebody can help me.
Can be state when the router B ( in figure ) will be DR ?
If yes and PC will want to receive (*,G) how the Join/Prune
messeging will work ?
And how data will be forwarded.

Thank's
Boris Shehter. 

Best regards,
      Boris Shehter
RADLAN Computer Communications Ltd.

Cel:  972-056-347416
Tel:   972-3-765-7969
Fax:  972-3-648-7368
E-mail: <mailto:[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/pim

---

From: John Zwiebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:28:47 -0700

Router D with be the IGMP querier.
The IGMP host report will be received by router B.
B creates (*,G) state.
B -may- place "Lan" in its olist  (IIF and OIF would be the same
 its an implementation option.)
B sends (*,G) join to D.
Traffic flows down the RPT.

At least that's the simple answer.  It isn't clear where
 your confusion is coming from.

---

From: "dwian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 20:30:54 +0700

hi
i want implementation routing in ip multicast but i don't
have gated version 5.
can i use another gated (gated 3.5 or gated 3.6) to
implement routing ip multicast and how to configure that?
where i can find another routing daemon to support ip
multicast and free?
thanks
=============================================================================
Ikutan Kuis Berhadiah ? Klik www.kuissiapaberani.com
=============================================================================
Khusus Pelanggan Telkom DIVRE 2, Tekan 166 untuk mendengarkan pesan Anda.
=============================================================================
_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/pim