Subject: [pim] RP priority and holdtime in BSMs

From: Ardas Cilingiroglu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 12:16:17 -0400

Hi,

When routers do group-to-RP mapping, they consider only the
RPs with the highest priority for a given group-range.

So then, for a given group-range, it should be sufficient for
the BSR to send only the RPs with the highest priority among
the C-RPs. And if BSR is sending all of them, the receivers
need to store only the highest priority ones for a given group-
range ignoring the lower priority ones. Is this true?

Also, what is the use of RP holdtime for the receivers? Timing
out C-RPs are done by the BSR only. And if the receivers also
need to do it, they need the remaining lifetime not the holdtime.

Thanks,
Ardas

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/pim