Subject: [pim] Question about draft-ietf-pim-dm-new-v2-04.txt

From: pimi6en <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:50:32 +0300

Hello,

It is not clear in section 4.7.10 which is the correct encoding for
Originator Address in PIM State Refresh Messages. The figure shows:

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|PIM Ver| Type  |   Reserved    |           Checksum            |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|         Multicast Group Address (Encoded Group Format)        |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|             Source Address (Encoded Unicast Format)           |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|           Originator Address (Encoded Unicast Format)         |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
...

but the text below says:
Originator Address
  The address of the first hop router in the Encoded Source address
  format given in section 4.7.4.

-- 
Best regards,
 pimi6en                          mailto:[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/pim