Subject: [pim] register messages vs. the SPT

From: Rahul Bahadur <[email-masked]>
Date: 05 Feb 2004 12:14:49 -0800

Hello,

I have a question about register-encapsulation vs. the SPT. Assume the
following topology:

source - DR - PIMrtr - RP -------- receiver(s)?

The source is constantly sending traffic.

Initially the DR has no state and sends a register packet to the RP that
replies with a register-stop. The DR stops encapsulation starts the 
register-suppression timer.

Now (for some reason) the SPT gets built, i.e., the DR receives an (S,G)
join from PIMrtr. The DR starts forwarding data natively.

When the register-suppression timer expires, should encapsulation
re-start?

Thanks,
Rahul

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim