Subject: [pim] No Seoul PIM meeting scheduled

From: Tom Pusateri <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 15:14:18 -0800

Currently, we have not requested a slot for a PIM WG meeting in Seoul.
Neither Liming nor myself will be attending. If you have agenda items
that you would like to discuss, Alex or Bill has agreed to chair
the meeting if we feel there is a need to get together face to face.

A current status update is:

1. Isidor and the PIM authors have been working hard on addressing
   Pavlin's concerns during the last call and are about ready to
   release a new version of the sparse mode spec.

2. As soon as the Sparse mode spec passes WG last call, we'll do a last
   call on the BiDir spec.

3. The dense mode spec was submitted to the IESG as an Experimental
   RFC and feedback is provided below. There are some formatting nits
   and some concern about the security section.

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=print_ballot&ballot_id=1161&filename=draft-ietf-pim-dm-new-v2

4. Liming and I are working on updating the charter milestone dates
   so the working group doesn't get shut down (sorry...)

Thanks,
Tom

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim

---

From: Pavlin Radoslavov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 15:30:43 -0800

>    release a new version of the sparse mode spec.

While on the subject. I believe that James Lingard's recent email to
the mailing list "Error in PIM-SM forwarding rules" from January 23,
2004 has a valid point (unless I am missing something).
Could the new draft address that issue as well (or could someone
send a rebuttal why this is not really an issue).

Thanks,
Pavlin

---

From: Pavlin Radoslavov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 15:30:43 -0800

Thanks,
Pavlin