Subject: [pim] block mcast traffic from propagating to other areas of my net

From: "Steven Giammarino" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:04:27 -0500

?
Hello everyone,

How do I block mcast traffic from propagating to other areas of my net?

Do I just put an access list on a border router blocking my rp announcements?

Or do I block all mcast traffic on my border except routing updates etc?

If so what would the access list look like?

Regards,

Steven

**********************************************************************
The information in this Internet e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this Internet e-mail by anyone else 
is unauthorized and any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted
to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this Internet e-mail are
subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable documentation or market 
practices governing the relationship between the sender  and its clients.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender except where they 
are stated to be the views of the company.
**********************************************************************

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim

---

From: "Steven Giammarino" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 17:42:31 -0500

________________________________

From: Steven Giammarino
Sent: Mon 11/14/2005 12:04 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: block mcast traffic from propagating to other areas of my net

Hello everyone,

Do I just put an access list on a border router blocking my rp S,A announcements?

Regards,

Steven