Subject: [pim] Working Group Last Call: PIM MIB

From: Tom Pusateri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 08:40:13 -0500

We are starting a Working Group Last Call for the PIM MIB. The lastest
verison was submitted January 25th.

The WGLC will expire at 5:00 PM PST on February 22nd 2006.

You can read it via this link:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-mib-v2-05.txt

See David McWalter's previous posts on this list to get more info
about the changes.

Please send your comments to the PIM list.

Thanks,
Tom & Mike

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim

---

From: Lori Mickelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 14:33:25 -0700

In order to support Dense Mode, don't you need an object in the
pimInterfaceTable that specifies which mode the interface is
configured for?   Otherwise, how do you know if you're running
Sparse or Dense Mode on the interface?

Thanks,
Lori

---

From: John Zwiebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 13:48:29 -0800

On Feb 8, 2006, at 1:33 PM, Lori Mickelson wrote:

>  Otherwise, how do you know if you're running

"sparseness" is a property of the group not the router interface.

This is why IOS recommends "sparse-dense" mode.

Procket did not support dense-mode and so the config command was just  
"ip pim sparse"

Configuring "ip pim dense" is a holdover from PIMv1 where it was up  
to the
router to forward a group using whatever method (sparse or dense)  
that it
wanted to.  We quickly realized that was a mistake.