Subject: [pim] PIM-SM: Timing Estimate on new RFC to obsolete RFC 2362 ?

From: "Singh, Gurpreet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 14:53:40 -1000

Hi

I see that the latest PIM-SM draft (draft 11) expired in April 2005. I know
that some vendor implementations are still based on RFC 2362 and they would
like to wait for the new RFC instead of implementing based on the latest
draft. Approx when is the draft 11 scheduled for finalizing it into RFC ? 

Thanks

Gurpreet

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim

---

From: Mike McBride <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:42:45 -0800 (PST)

The four pim-sm draft authors are meeting to complete the remaining IESG 
comments. I'm done guessing on when we will actually have a new RFC but, 
assuming the IESG is satisfied with the draft modifications, we should be 
near the end.

mike