Subject: [pim] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-mcwalter-pim-bsr-mib-01.txt]

From: Bharat Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:32:00 +0530

Hi All,

    Sometime back BSR MIB was moved out of PIM MIB. Dave created a new
Internet draft to track the BSR MIB. As BSR is moving close to
standardization, we think it is the right time to improve upon BSR MIB.

    From the first draft, I have made couple of changes:

* Corrected references in number of objects.
* Removed some of the objects which were not required in BSR MIB.
* Added two new Traps

    During PIM MIB review, the tables in this MIB has been extensively
reviewed and so the existing tables looks in pretty good shape. The main
issue which need to be discussed here is the BSR election per zone or
per scope.

    Some time back, Dave has sent a mail on pim mailing list to generate
some discussion on this regard and we are still waiting for some
feedback.

    We are planning to discuss this with PIM WG in the 66th IETF meeting
at Montreal. If someone has any comments on this MIB before the meeting,
please let us know. I can address those comments and generate another
version of this draft before 26th.

Thanks & Regards,
Bharat

**************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************
This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.
***INFOSYS******** End of Disclaimer ********INFOSYS***

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mcwalter-pim-bsr-mib-01.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400
List-Id: i-d-announce.ietf.org

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: PIM Bootstrap Router MIB
	Author(s)	: B. Joshi, D. McWalter
	Filename	: draft-mcwalter-pim-bsr-mib-01.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-6-19
	
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
   In particular, it describes managed objects used for managing the
   Bootstrap Router (BSR) mechanism for PIM.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcwalter-pim-bsr-mib-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mcwalter-pim-bsr-mib-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mcwalter-pim-bsr-mib-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim