Subject: [pim] Posting of draft-atwood-pim-sm-linklocal-01.txt

From: JW Atwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 13:15:10 -0400

Now that the PIM-SM I-D has been approved for publication as an RFC, and 
now that the new versions of IPsec Architecture (RFC 4301) and IPsec 
Authentication Header (RFC 4302) have been published, we have updated 
and re-issued our discussion of how to secure the link-local PIM-SM 
messages.  In it we have pointed out some difficulties with the text of 
the new PIM-SM specification, provided more specifics than can be found 
there, and given some suggestions for future development of the ideas.  
While it might be argued that this work needs to be put into a more 
general context, we feel that the exploitation of the constraints on the 
link-local messages can result in a clean solution that does not impose 
any extraneous overhead on the communication, and that fits nicely with 
IPsec.

Pending official release of the I-D by the I-D editor, a copy of the 
revised version may be found at 
http://www.cs.concordia.ca/~bill/internet-drafts/draft-atwood-pim-sm-linklocal-01.txt

Bill Atwood and Salekul Islam

-- 

Dr. J.W. Atwood, Eng., Professor  tel:   +1 (514) 848-2424 x3046
Department of Computer Science    fax:   +1 (514) 848-2830
   and Software Engineering
Concordia University EV 3.185     email: [email-masked]
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West    http: //www.cse.Concordia.ca/~bill
Montreal, Quebec Canada H3G 1M8

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim