Subject: [pim] About anycast RP

From: "CTO YAO Chunyan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 15:55:59 +0800

Dear all, 
Now Anycast RP 's latest description is in
"draft-ietf-pim-anycast-rp-07.txt";
Many vendors' routers support it ( Alcatel's SR 7750, Cisco's
Router,....)
Why it is still in Internet-draft now? and is it intended for entering
into IETF standard track?

Best wishes,

                   Yao

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim

---

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:56:42 +0200

> into IETF standard track?

It's in the RFC Editor's queue and should be an RFC soon now. It's been 
waiting for the new PIM spec. These are all in AUTH48, which means that 
they should be out very soon (historically AUTH48 used to take only 48 
hours but...).

Stig

---

From: Prashant Jhingran <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 18:38:19 +0800

Perhaps it might be RFC4610....

http://ring.aist.go.jp/archives/doc/RFC/authors/rfc4610.txt

Cheers,
Prashant

-----Original Message-----
From: Stig Venaas [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 4:57 PM
To: CTO YAO Chunyan
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [pim] About anycast RP

Stig

---

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:54:26 +0200

> http://ring.aist.go.jp/archives/doc/RFC/authors/rfc4610.txt

AFAICT from rfc editor queue etc. it's not out yet, but the number is 
assigned. During auth48 possibly non-final versions of the document are 
made, that are reviewed by the authors. There may be several rounds of 
updates before the final version is made. Hence this may not be the 
final official version.

Stig

PS It seems that PIM-SM will be 4601, and a bunch of docs waiting for 
that will be 4602-4611 or so...