Subject: [pim] RFC 4601 on Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM): Protocol Specification (Revised)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:51:35 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4601

        Title:      Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse 
                    Mode (PIM-SM): Protocol Specification (Revised) 
        Author:     B. Fenner, M. Handley,
                    H. Holbrook, I. Kouvelas
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      150
        Characters: 340632
        Obsoletes:  RFC2362
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pim-sm-v2-new-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4601.txt

This document specifies Protocol Independent Multicast -
Sparse Mode (PIM-SM).  PIM-SM is a multicast routing protocol
that can use the underlying unicast routing information base
or a separate multicast-capable routing information base.  It
builds unidirectional shared trees rooted at a Rendezvous
Point (RP) per group, and optionally creates shortest-path
trees per source.

This document obsoletes RFC 2362, an Experimental version of
PIM-SM.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Protocol Independent Multicast
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim