Subject: [pim] Protocol Action: 'PIM Group-to-RP Mapping' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pim-group-rp-mapping-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 11:06:58 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'PIM Group-to-RP Mapping'
  (draft-ietf-pim-group-rp-mapping-10.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Protocol Independent Multicast
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-group-rp-mapping/

Technical Summary

   Each PIM-SM router in a Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) Domain
   which supports Any Source Multicast (ASM) maintains Group-to-RP
   mappings which are used to identify a Rendezvous Point(RP) for a
   specific multicast group.  PIM-SM has defined an algorithm to choose
   a RP from the Group-to-RP mappings learned using various mechanisms.
   This algorithm does not consider the PIM mode and the mechanism
   through which a Group-to-RP mapping was learned.

   This document defines a standard algorithm to deterministically
   choose between several group-to-rp mappings for a specific group.
   This document first explains the requirements to extend the
   Group-to-RP mapping algorithm and then proposes the new algorithm.

Working Group Summary

   WG consensus appears sound.

   There is consensus within the PIM WG to publish the document. While it
   has not received wild working group involvement, the participation has
   been active with individuals from a variety of vendors and providers.

Document Quality

   The document has undergone thorough review within IETF's Multicast
   community.

Personnel

   Mike McBride ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD.

---

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 11:15:04 -0800

>    (draft-ietf-pim-group-rp-mapping-10.txt) as a Proposed Standard

Many thanks to the authors for a lot of work on this one. Glad it
finally got approved :)

Stig