Subject: Re: [pim] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pim-explicit-tracking-08.txt> (IGMP/MLD-Based Explicit Membership Tracking Function for Multicast Routers) to Proposed Standard

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 21:50:37 +0100

I have a few small comments that I collected during my review as responsible AD.
Please address them as part of the IETF last call.

Thanks,
Adrian

===

I think your core reference [6] is supposed to refer to RFC 2236 for the
core definition of IGMPv2. That RFC certainly matches the name of the
document you have given.

[Hint: idnits is your friend!]

---

idnits complains about the 2119 boiler plate because you are missing a
space in
  "RECOMMENDED","MAY",

---

Section 1 contains a clumsy sentence

   To alleviate the problem, unsolicited
   report messages are transmitted the [Robustness Variable] times
   (defined in [2][3]).

How about

   To alleviate this problem, unsolicited
   report messages are retransmitted a number of times according to the
   value of the [Robustness Variable] defined in [2] and [3].

---

Section 3

While *everyone* knows what S and G stand for, you should still say.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of The
> IESG
> Sent: 16 October 2013 21:46
> To: IETF-Announce
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [pim] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pim-explicit-tracking-08.txt> (IGMP/MLD-
> Based Explicit Membership Tracking Function for Multicast Routers) to Proposed
> Standard
> 
> The IESG has received a request from the Protocol Independent Multicast
> WG (pim) to consider the following document:
> - 'IGMP/MLD-Based Explicit Membership Tracking Function for Multicast
>    Routers'
>   <draft-ietf-pim-explicit-tracking-08.txt> as Proposed Standard
> 
> The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
> final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
> [email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-11-06 (this is a 3 week last call to allow
> extra time as people are preparing for IETF-88). Exceptionally, comments
> may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
> beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.