Subject: [pim] Comments on draft-wijnands-pim-source-discovery-bsr-03

From: Hermin Anggawijaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 23:02:56 -0800

Hello

Here are some comments on the draft

1) given the discussion that has been happening in v6ops on IPv6 fragments
dropping, I think it might be useful if the draft either sets a limit on
the total length of the PFP message
(for example  'min MTU' - IPv6 header length, or other appropriate limit),
or has an implementation guidance so that PFP messages sent by an
implementation are smaller than the effective MTU of the intended egress
interface, and split the SG info over multiple PFP messages if needed.

2) might like to add more details to the 'Processing SG Messages' such as
message length checking (if limit is specified in draft), checksum
checking, RPF checking (msg is received from RPF neighbour towards
originator)

3) might also want to suggest that implementation may want to allow manual
SG info configuration in the FHR as an alternative to msnip to deal with
the 'first' packet issue.

regards

Angga