Subject: [pim] new version submitted draft-sami-pim-ng-03

From: saeed sami <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 11:10:23 +0330

A new version of draft-sami-pim-ng is submitted and can be reached at :
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sami-pim-ng/
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sami-pim-ng-03.txt

It is edited  and 3 sections are added which are related to :
1- preventing the possible delay in source discovery.
2-loop prevention
3-DR election and pim Assert message , and since the current best practice is the processes defined by PIM-SM it is not changed except for a DR at edge of a multi-access network in a PIM-NG multicast domain.

I would like to thank Stig Venaas for his kind review and comments up to this point which have been so helpful.
Your reviews and comments are most appreciated. and I hope to read the
comments of PIM working group experts soon.

Abstract:
    This document specifies protocol independent multicast- Next
    generation or simply called PIM-NG. like PIM-SM, PIM-NG uses the
    underlying unicast routing information, but unlike PIM-SM it doesn't
    necessarily need to build unidirectional shared trees rooted at a
    Rendezvous Point (RP) per group, due to the fact that the processes
    through which a source registers with the Rendezvous Point and a host
    finds the source of the multicast destination groups it needs are
    done in a whole new way. So at some points PIM-NG works faster than
    its predecessor. Also the new Domain concept, unique to PIM-NG, along
    the RPF check method used in PIM-NG specifications provides many
    features along a robust and flexible control and administration over
    multicast networks.

Sincerely
Saeed Sami