Subject: [pim] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis-05: (with COMMENT)

From: "Stephen Farrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 12:16:02 -0700

Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill Atwood sent me a great explanation for how IPsec actually works
with PIM-SM here. I think adding a version of that to the security
considerations text here would be a fine thing, but that's a
non-blocking
comment, so do add that or not as you see fit. (It was a very clear and
easy to follow description of what one needs to setup to get IPsec to
work usefully here so I hope you do include a version.)

Thanks for bearing with me in the meantime.