Subject: [pim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 13:01:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Protocols for IP Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM): Protocol Specification (Revised)
        Authors         : Bill Fenner
                          Mark Handley
                          Hugh Holbrook
                          Isidor Kouvelas
                          Rishabh Parekh
                          Zhaohui Zhang
                          Lianshu Zheng
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis-06.txt
	Pages           : 131
	Date            : 2015-08-12

Abstract:
   This document specifies Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode
   (PIM-SM).  PIM-SM is a multicast routing protocol that can use the
   underlying unicast routing information base or a separate multicast-
   capable routing information base.  It builds unidirectional shared
   trees rooted at a Rendezvous Point (RP) per group, and optionally
   creates shortest-path trees per source.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4601 by replacing it, addresses the
   errata filed against it, removes the optional (*,*,RP),PIM Multicast
   Border Router features and authentication using IPsec that lack
   sufficient deployment experience (see Appendix A) and moves the PIM
   specification to Internet Standard.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/