Subject: [pim] AD Review of draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-yang-06

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 12:59:52 -0800

Dear authors:

I just finished reviewing this document.

I have some comments (below) that I need addressed before we can start the
IETF Last Call, and another YANG Dr review.

Thanks!

Alvaro.

M1. It looks like the document doesn't follow all the recommendations from
rfc6087bis, specifically related to the Security Considerations [1] and the
Tree Diagram, where we need something similar to [2].

M2. References:

M2.1. Please take a look at the Nits [3], as there are several out of date
and unused references.

M2.2. In general, we don't need to reference both the current a bis
versions; rfc8022/rfc8022bis, for example.

M2.3. There's no reference to or mention of
draft-ietf-netmod-revised-datastores, which may be a better reference than
I-D.dsdt-nmda-guidelines.

M2.4. Some of the references (rfc7223bis, for example) are not formatted
correctly.

M2.5. The references to IGMP/MLD should be Normative: "The model covers
IGMPv1 [RFC1112], IGMPv2 [RFC2236], IGMPv3 [RFC3376] and MLDv1 [RFC2710],
MLDv2 [RFC3810]."...and rfc5790.

[1]
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis-16#section-3.7.1
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7223bis-02#section-1.3
[3]
https://tools.ietf.org/idnits?url=https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-yang-06.txt