Subject: [pim] Ben Campbell's No Record on draft-ietf-pim-source-discovery-bsr-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 19:00:16 -0800

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pim-source-discovery-bsr-08: No Record

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-source-discovery-bsr/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for explaining why this is experimental in section 1.

- 3.2: "When forwarding a message, a router MUST NOT send it out an interface
   that is an outgoing boundary, including bidirectional boundary, for
   all PFM messages.  If an interface is an outgoing boundary for
   certain TLVs, the message MUST NOT be sent out the interface if it is
   a boundary for all the TLVs in the message. "

I found this hard to parse. Also, it seems like the first MUST NOT is fully implied by the second.

-