From: Jerome Privat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 16:37:11 -0000

Some questions about <draft-ietf-pint-profile-00.txt>:

1) I'm still not completly clear about what happens at the IP-SCN
interface. What is the link between the PINT GW and the Service Control
Gateway Function (SCGF as defined by ITU-SG11)? Is it an IP link or not?
If the PINT protocol terminates at the PINT GW, what is the IP protocol
used between the PINT GW and the SCGF?
Or is the PINT GW colocated with the SCGF?

2) How can a user be prevented from requesting a phone call to a number
different from his actual phone number? Will PINT interact with AAA
protocols to do that?

3) When the "To:" field contains an "email-like" address (e.g.
[email-masked]) rather than a phone number, where is the
translation to a GSTN number done? In SIP, when the INVITE arrives to a
SIP server, the SIP server performs a lookup in a location database.
Does a PINT server acts similarly?

Jerome
*************************************************************************
************
Notice: This contribution is the personal view of the author and does
not
 necessarily reflect the technical nor commercial direction of British 
Telecommunications plc.
---------
This message came from the IETF PINT Working Group Mailing List.