Subject: New ID on Internet Call Waiting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 16:05:22 -0500

Having just read the recent draft on Internet Call Waiting (which I found
quite interesting), I find myself asking what the intent of the I-D is. The
Internet protocol side using SIP is actually quite useful and if I make a
simple extension to the service assumptions, I have a nice generalized
third-party call control mechanism. There is actually no reason that the
service be limited only to when the called party is using that same line to
connect to an ISP. The architecture defined works for a general internet
user to handle calls delivered to any PSTN interface regardless of the
current state or owner of the line.

What are the thoughts of the rest of the group? Now that the PINT spec is
nearing completion (congratulations Scott and Lawrence) are we considering
going on to a next phase to include 3rd party control.

David Shrader
Bellcore - IN Design and Engineering

---------
This message came from the IETF PINT Working Group Mailing List.

---

From: "È²ÂÂÂÂ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 16:54:32 +0900

I am very interested in the PINT services implementation on the SCP side to
interworking
with Internet.

Please answer me if you ever know about :
(1) Any commercial SIP/SDP protocol packages
(2) Any specific hardware necessaties for SCGF(Service Control Gateway
Function) or PINT gateway which work between SCP and Web server.

Best regards,

--
=====================================================
Jinkyung Hwang(È²Áø°æ)
Korea Telecom
         \ | /
         /\_/\
         |o - |
        /     |
       Q _  _/
          ||
[email-masked]
http://ain-grape.kotel.co.kr/~jkhwang
+82-2-526-6830
PCS phone   : 016-347-0472
=====================================================

---------