Subject: Re: PINT Issue

From: [email-masked] (Igor Faynberg)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 11:59:54 -0500

I think Lev has touched on a very interesting and useful point.
(Overall, this weekend has provoked much IN thinking--Lawrence's proposal
is another exotic fruit of that.)

To answer Lev's question: yes, IN does have the means of controlling
and assessing the parameters of queues in the SCF. This information,
in many implementations of Freephone is already passed to callers via
telephone, and, of course, it could be passed on to the PINT Gateway,
whence it can find its way to the Clicker.

One important effect of this is that no circuits need to be held playing
the announcements while the call is queued, so, if implemented, that
would give a useful option to PSTN network providers.

Thanks, Lev!

Igor

P.S.: Esteemed Editors--Scott and Lawrence: please state your opinions,
including the one on what it should take to augment the profile if
we agree to incorporate Lev's proposal! (Am I correct in surmising
that could be accomplished with one "MAY" clause?)

P.P.S: Steve, I support Lev's request for 10 min.  This is a good issue
to address, in my opinion.

---------
This message came from the IETF PINT Working Group Mailing List.