From: Pawan Goyal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 18:21:38 -0500 (EST)

Please find enclosed herewith the CFP for NOSSDAV 99. My apologies
in advance if you receive multiple copies of the same.

Pawan Goyal

======================================================================

	The 9th International Workshop on Network and Operating Systems
             Support for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV 99)

 	        http://www.research.att.com/conf/nossdav99/

                           23-25 June, 1999
                              Hosted By:
                       	       AT&T Labs
	   Networking and Distributed Systems Research Laboratory

                          CALL FOR PAPERS

Objectives

The 9th International Workshop on Network and Operating Systems
Support for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV 99) is the international
workshop concerned with state of the art technology in networking and
operating system support for multimedia systems.  For eight years,
NOSSDAV has proven to be an outstanding forum for researchers involved
in building innovative multimedia systems, networks and applications
in both industry and academia.

A key aspect of the workshop is that it provides extensive discussion
periods during which attendees can informally discuss their current
work and future research directions. Traditionally, NOSSDAV has
emphasized high quality experimental research based on prototype or
real systems.  NOSSDAV99 will continue this tradition.

Submissions

Submissions are sought in any area related to Network and Operating
Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video. Two types of submissions
are solicited:  position statements or work in progress reports and full
papers.  These will be reviewed in entirely different ways and have
different deadlines.

Full papers will be subject to a normal review process and are
restricted to fifteen pages.  Accepted papers will be presented at the
Workshop and will appear in the published proceedings.

Position statements and work in progress reports of no more than three
pages, will be reviewed by the program committee only.  Papers will be
chosen on the basis of their potential to provoke discussion.  Roughly
half of the workshop presentations will be allocated to this category.

Submissions, should be sent by electronic mail to [email-masked].
Please include

   1. The paper in PostScript or Microsoft Word (Word 6.0 or Word 97) form

   2. The title of the paper, the list of authors with complete contact
	information in the form of email address and phone number,
	and, in the case of full papers, an abstract summarizing the
	paper in PLAIN TEXT.

The paper abstracts will be circulated among the NOSSDAV program
committee members to solicit reviewers.

Please note that the proceedings of the workshop will be published as
a book and the best papers will be forwarded to selected journals for
publication.

Important Dates

Submission Deadline for Full Papers:            	1 March 1999
Acceptance Notification for Full Papers:        	30 April 1999
Final Full Papers Due:                          	30 May 1999

Submission Deadline for Position Statements:    	30 March 1999
Acceptance Notification for Position Statements:	30 April 1999

Workshop:                                       	23-25 June  1999

Program Chair:

Chuck Kalmanek
AT&T Labs
Shannon Laboratory
Room A113
180 Park Avenue
Florham Park NJ 07032
[email-masked]

Other Correspondence:

[email-masked]

Program Committee

     Ian Leslie, Cambridge University, UK
     Charles Kalmanek, AT&T Labs Research
     Jim Kurose, University of Masachusetts
     Tom Little, Boston University
     Derek McAuley, Microsoft Research, UK
     Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia University
     Hide Tokuda, Keio University
     Domenico Ferrari, Universita Cattolica, Italy
     Kevin Jeffay, University of North Carolina
     Mike Jones, Microsoft
     Doug Shepherd, Lancaster University, UK
     Richard Black, University of Glasgow, UK
     Jason Nieh, Columbia University
     Partho Mishra, AT&T Labs Research
     S. Keshav, Cornell University
     H. Zhang, Carnegie Mellon University
     Raj Yavatkar, Intel
     Duane Northcutt, Sun Microsystems

LOCATION

AT&T Learning Center, Basking Ridge NJ

---------
This message came from the IETF PINT Working Group Mailing List.