Subject: Re: AIN application

From: "Marty Tennant" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:21:47 -0400

Dick.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Not only do they refuse to allow access to the triggers necessary for the
creative deployment of services like this, but they usually patent them so
as to corner the market for the service.  In this case, InfoInterActive
(IIA) has a patent on Internet Call Manager.  Notice that IIA is a Canadian
company.  I know of them personally.  They were welcomed into a telecom
technology testbed environment in Canada where they could test their ideas
and develop new ones.  Ever heard of an ILEC doing that, particularly in
regard to AIN services?

I suspect this implementation of the IIA service, originally implemented
without an AIN trigger, will use AIN 0.2 triggers, another advanced piece
of technology the ILECs have refused to provide to competitors.

AIN 0.2 triggers are the triggers that allow these really fancy type
info/telecom services to be deployed.  The next question is, will they
allow competitors to use the same trigger to develop their own services?

Marty Tennant
President - Low Tech Designs, Inc.
"Bringing Technology Down to Earth" sm
YEA!! sm - Your Electronic Agent!! sm
1204 Saville St., Georgetown, SC 29440
843 527-4485 voice   978 389-0062 fax

Cross posted to various lists.

----- Original Message -----
From: David R. Dick <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 1999 4:33 PM
Subject: AIN application

So here's an interesting application of AIN that only ILECs
will be able to sell because they won't really provide UNEs.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/04-2
0-1999/0000913992&EDATE=

David Dick

---------
This message came from the IETF PINT Working Group Mailing List.