Subject: Reminder ACTS WORKSHOP Advanced Services in Fixed and Mobile Telecommunications Networks

From: "Steffen Bretzke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 12:15:03 +0200

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
        >>> >>> SUBMISSION DEADLINE: JUNE 1, 1999 <<< <<<

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    >>> >>> CALL FOR PAPERS <<< <<<

                The Second International ACTS Workshop on

      Advanced Services in Fixed and Mobile Telecommunications Networks

              (to be held in conjunction with the CWC Seminar '99)

                  September 9 - 10, 1999, Singapore

Please check out the updated website
     URL: http://www.comnets.rwth-aachen.de/~cameleon/acts_workshop

Please distribute the following CFP to all interested parties
and mailing lists, also including Asian and Australian receivers.
Our apologies if you receive this invitation more than once.
Thanks very much.
*******************
* CALL FOR PAPERS *
*******************

_________________________________________________________________

The Workshop

As the second ACTS workshop in Singapore, it will be the first
international forum on advanced services in fixed and mobile
telecommunications networks. This event is being organised by the
CAMELEON project with the aim of providing a special opportunity
to present globally relevant results and discuss them in a
European and Asian-Pacific dialogue.
The CAMELEON project invites experts from research and industry
and from all continents to submit contributions and to share in the
discussions. Additionally, the workshop will provide space for
project demonstrations, poster sessions, and exhibitions of the
most advanced technologies in the area.
The schedule features keynote speeches, panel presentations, and
workshop sessions with leading experts on agent technology and
telecommunications services. An attractive social programme is
being prepared, focussing on the cultural diversity and scenic
location of this fascinating gateway to the Asian-Pacific area.
Following the Centre for Wireless Communications (CWC) Seminar on
September 8, the workshop begins on September 9 and ends on
September 10.

Key Note Speeches

The workshop proudly presents key note speeches by
Mr. Danny Lange, Ph. D., Director Agent Technology,
General Magic Inc., and
Mr. Mario Campolargo, MSc, Project Officer at the European
Commission.
_________________________________________________________________

ACTS

Applications and services are essential components in future
telecommunications networks. Agent technologies enable operators
to customise and provide advanced applications and competitive
services.
These concepts are currently under investigation within the CLIMATE
cluster in the ACTS programme, established under the Fourth
Framework Programme of European activities in the field of research
and technological development and demonstration (1994-1998).

Cameleon

CAMELEON, an ACTS project, is investigating the application of
agent technologies for the purpose of providing service ubiquity.
Mobile and intelligent agent technologies are combined to enable
service roaming in heterogenous networks. Three different types of
services are implemented. An Adaptive Profile Manager, a Virtual
Address Book, and a Flexible Financial Service. The applications
will feature the Virtual Home Environment (VHE) in UMTS-based
networks.
The project consortium involves eight partners based in France,
the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada and Singapore.
_________________________________________________________________

Key Topics

The workshop addresses but is not limited to the following areas.
• Advanced telecommunications services
• Multimedia applications in telecommunications networks
• Value-added services: electronic commerce, entertainment,
        and multimedia
• Smart-card based services
• Information services
• Location-dependent services
• Agent-based applications
• Agent communication
• Mobile agents
• Active networks
• Profile management in open networks
• Security in future telecommunications networks
• Fixed and mobile networks convergence
• Telecommunications and Internet convergence
_________________________________________________________________
Submitting Contributions

All contributions will be subject to a standard reviewing process
based on full-length papers or presentation abstracts. Selection
criteria include intrinsic quality, originality and clearness of
presentation.
Papers and abstracts should preferably be submitted in electronic
form (PDF or Postscript) as an e-mail attachment. Please send your
submissions to [email-masked]
If this procedure is not suitable and only as an exception, you may
send a hard copy of the paper to the Programme Committee (see below).
All papers should include the title, the authors identification,
and an abstract on the first page. The Proceedings of the Workshop
will be available for participants at the event.

Schedule and Registration

The registration fee is 170 S$, roughly 100 US-$, including
the proceedings and the social event. For registration
before July 20, a reduced registration fee of 150 S$ applies.

March 15, 99     Official call
June 1, 99       Submission deadline
July 1, 99       Notification of acceptance
July 20, 99      Early registration deadline
August 1, 99     Final version
September 9, 99  Workshop begins 09:00
September 10, 99 Workshop ends 15:00

The Programme Committee

Chairman   Steffen Bretzke, Ericsson Eurolab
Members    Carmelita Görg, RWTH Aachen
           Jaya Shankar P., CWC
           Cheng Lin Tan, CWC
           Thomas Magedanz, IKV++
           Peyman Farjami, RWTH Aachen
           Jens Hartmann, Ericsson Eurolab
           Fabrizio Zizza, Italtel
           Stefan Covaci, GMD
           Keith Start, Orca Research
Address Ericsson Eurolab Deutschland
        Mobile Applications Laboratory
        Steffen Bretzke
        Ericsson Allee 1
        D-52134 Herzogenrath
        Germany
Phone   + 49 2407 575 547
Mail    [email-masked]
Web site www.comnets.rwth-aachen.de/~cameleon/acts_workshop/

This web site will include an agenda for the
workshop from August onwards.
_________________________________________________________________

Local Organisation

Address Centre for Wireless
 Communications
 Ms. Yui Yun Ng
 Jaya Shankar P.
 20 Science Park Road
 #02-34/37, TeleTech Park
 Singapore Science Park II
 Singapore
Phone  + 65 872-9030
Fax + 65 779-5441
Mail [email-masked]

The Venue

Conference
   Ms. Wendy Chan
   Sheraton Towers Singapore
   39 Scotts Road,
   228230 Singapore.
Phone +65 839 5831
Fax +65 733 4366
Email [email-masked]

---------
This message came from the IETF PINT Working Group Mailing List.