Subject: Reminder WoWMoM

From: Jens Hartmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 10:31:30 +0200

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
        !!!!! SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 15, 1999 !!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    !!!!! CALL FOR PAPERS !!!!!

                The Second ACM International Workshop on

                 Wireless Mobile Multimedia (WoWMoM'99)

              (to be held in conjuction with MOBICOM'99)

                  August 20, 1999, Seattle, Washington

                     Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE
        with support from Nortel Networks, Microsoft Research,
          and CReW at the University of North Texas, Denton

                 URL: http://www.cs.unt.edu/crew/wowmom99/

PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS

Sajal K. Das                                  Kalyan Basu
Center for Research in Wireless Computing     Wireless Systems
Engineering
Department of Computer Science                Nortel Networks
University of North Texas                     2201 Lakeside Blvd
PO Box 311366                                 Richardson, TX 75083
Denton, TX 76203-1366                         USA
USA

Phone : 940-565-4256                          Phone : (972) 684-5399
Fax   : 940-565-2799                          Fax   : (972) 684-3775
E-mail: [email-masked]                        E-mail: [email-masked]

IMPORTANT DATES:

     Paper Submissions Deadline:        April 15, 1999
     Acceptance Notification:           June 15, 1999
     Camera-ready Manuscripts:          June 30, 1999
     Workshop                           August 20, 1999

SCOPE:

        Over the last decade there has been a rapid growth of
wireless
communication technology. Voice communication using cellular phones
has
matured and become a significant part of our life today. In the
recent
past, the emergence of portable computing devices such as notebook
computers and personal digital assistants have led to the opportunity
of such services as electronic mail, fax and calendar/diary programs
being provided to mobile or roving users. Observing this trend, it
can
be predicted that the traffic over next generation, high-speed
wireless
networks will be dominated by personal multimedia applications such
as
video/news-on-demand, telemetry services, traveler information
systems,
WWW browsing, and so on.

        The objective of this workshop is to provide a forum for
researchers and technologists to present new ideas and contributions
in
the form of technical paper, panel discussions, as well as online
demos
of service applications or technology related to wireless multimedia.
The issues and challenges for the development of wireless multimedia
networks not only encompass a broad spectrum of research topics such
as
quality-of-service provisioning, broadband wireless, network support,
prootocols, or handover, but also involves a way to envision the
evolution
of multimedia networks in the future.

TOPICS:

        Technical papers and/or product demos are solicited in all
areas
related to wireless multimedia and its interfaces (or co-existence)
with
the conventional wireline networks. Topics include but are not
limited to:

        - Third Generation Systems
        - Multimedia Applications
        - Fixed or Mobile Wireless Multimedia Access
        - Wireless Network Evolution
        - Broadband Wireless
        - Wireless ATM
        - Quality-of-Service amd Admission Control
        - Multimedia Network Architecture and Protocols
        - Compression Techniques
        - Mobility Management & Handover Issues
        - Routing
        - WWW Browsing
        - Telemetry Services
        - Broadcast Data
        - Mobile Agents
-------------------------------------------------------------

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

All submissions will be handled electronically. Authors should E-mail
a PostScript version of their full paper to [email-masked].
This E-mail address will become available by Mar 15, 1999. In order
to
ensure that the PostScript versions of the papers can be printed,
authors should be careful that their papers meet the following
restrictions:

 - PostScript version 2 or later.
 - Fits properly on "US Letter" size paper (8.5X11 inches)
 - Reference only Computer Modern or standard Adobe printer fonts
   (i.e. Courier, Times, Roman, or Helvetica); other fonts may be
used
   but must be included in the PostScript file.
 - No longer than 20 pages including, pictures, tables and
references.

In addition, authors should separately E-mail the title, author names
and
full address, and abstract of their paper to the Program Chairs:
Sajal K. Das at [email-masked] and Kalyan Basu at [email-masked].
It is expected that all accepted papers will be presented at the
workshop.

The Workshop Proceedings will be published by the ACM. Selected
papers will
be considered for publication in the ACM/Baltzer WINET and MONET
journals.

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE

   * Azzedine Boukerche (Univ of North Texas, USA)
   * Pravin Bhagwat (IBM Watson Research Center, USA)
   * Andrew Campbell (Columbia Univ)
   * Marco Conti (CNUCE, Pisa, Italy)
   * Lorenzo Donatiello (Univ of Bologna, Italy)
   * Andras Farago (Univ of Texas at Dallas, USA)
   * Jens Hartmann (Ericsson Eurolab, Germany)
   * Anthony Joseph (UC Berkeley, USA)
   * Irene Katzela (Univ of Toronto, Canada)
   * Anurag Kumar (Indian Inst of Science, Bangalore)
   * Jason Lin (Taiwan)
   * Raja Neogi (Tektronix, USA)
   * Venkat Padmanabhan (Microsoft Research, USA)
   * Jason Redi (BBN Technologies, USA)
   * Sumit Roy (Univ of Washington, USA)
   * Sanjoy Sen (Nortel Networks, USA)
   * Krishna Sivalingam (Washington State Univ, USA)
   * Mani Srivastava (Univ of California at Los Angeles, USA)
   * Violet Syrotiuk (Univ of Texas at Dallas, USA)
   * Mehmet Unsoy (Nortel Networks, USA)

--
Jens Hartmann
Ericsson Eurolab Deutschland GmbH
phone: +49.2407.575-121
fax: +49.2407.575-400
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.comnets.rwth-aachen.de/~jh

---------
This message came from the IETF PINT Working Group Mailing List.