Subject: PIN RFC Development

From: Alec Brusilovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:11:55 -0400

I would like to thank people who participated in PIN related discussions
on this list, over the phone and personally. It was a very productive
exchange.

To summarize:
1. Some PSTN/IP convergence services require PSTN to IP notification.
2. PIN looks at the semantics of indicating PSTN events to an IP
application. (Thank you, Lyndon. Well said!)
3. PIN WG will focus on building blocks for the services that start from
PSTN, as well, as on defining of the requirements for the PIN protocol.
4. PIN WG will avoid standardizing those services.

According to the PIN BOF resolution, it is time now to focus on the An
Informational RFC, describing building blocks, PIN architecture and
proposed PIN services in greater detail.
Lawrence and Lev, during the BOF you volunteered among other people to
draft Informational RFC. Now it is time for us to get together and take
a shot at it. Everybody else interested in contributing to our effort,
please contact me ASAP.

Looking forward to working with you,
Alec Brusilovsky

---

From: "Slutsman, Lev A, ALSVC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:31:08 -0400

Alec,
I would be glad to join the club and share some ideas of mine with the team.
I am looking forward to work with you and Lawrence.
      Regards,
Lev.

> ----------
> From: 	Alec Brusilovsky[SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Reply To: 	[email-masked]
> Sent: 	Wednesday, April 14, 1999 3:11 PM
> To: 	Lawrence Conroy; Slutsman, Lev A, ALSVC; pin list; pint list
> Cc: 	Lyndon Ong
> Subject: 	PIN RFC Development
> 
> <<File: abrusilovsky.vcf>>

---------
This message came from the IETF PINT Working Group Mailing List.