Subject: Re: SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY

From: Scott Petrack <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:18:27 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, there is specification of it in the PINT draft
<draft-ietf-pint-profile-05.txt>, to be used by a PINT client to get
notifications about the changing state of a PSTN phone call. 

Scott

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Adam B. Roach wrote:

> 
> Is there any ongoing work to extend the S U B S C R I B E/NOTIFY mechanism
> for anything beyond presence?
> 
> There have been numerous discussions over the past several months
> about the use of these methods for requesting DTMF information and
> other call-trigger type events, but I believe the desired balance of
> complexity with flexability hasn't been determined yet.
> 
> If anyone intends to submit a draft relating to these issues
> in time for the Oslo meeting, I'd appreciate knowing. Thanks.
> 
> P.S. I've tried posting on this topic several times over the past
>      week, and have come to beleive that the mailer at isi.edu has
>      been programmed to silently drop messages with the word
>      "S U B S C R I B E" in them (hence the spaces).
> 
> -- 
> Adam Roach, Ericsson Inc. |  Ph: +1 972 583 7594 | 1010 E. Arapaho, MS L-04
> [email-masked]   | Fax: +1 972 669 0154 | Richardson, TX 75081 USA
> 

---------
This message came from the IETF PINT Working Group Mailing List.