Subject: SIP telephone-subscriber in PINT/SDP?

From: [email-masked] (Lawrence Conroy)
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 16:26:26 +0100

Dear All,
  First, apologies for the cross-posting; this is part of PINT, but may
have an impact on SDP implementations.

The current Spec for PINT uses a subset of the SIP telephone-subscriber
address format within its Session Description (one that allows only digits
and "-" separators, with or without a leading "+").

What I am unsure about is whether or not allowing a "full" SIP
telephone-subscriber format (as in RFC2543, Figure 4) will break existing
SDP parsers.

If there's some horrible consequence that anyone can see, PLEASE enlighten
me before we put the PINT draft to bed. If no one hollers now, I'll change
the PINT draft to just use the SIP definition, as we've received a request
to handle DTMF-digit characters like "*" and "#".

All the best, Lawrence
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Lawrence Conroy,    | "These Opinions must be mine, 'cos if they    |
| Roke Manor Research |  were my Company's they'd charge you for them"|
|- [email-masked]  ---+- Tel: +44 1794 833666  Fax: +44 1794 833434 --|

---------
This message came from the IETF PINT Working Group Mailing List.