Subject: Re: PINT Implementations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 12:29:05 +0200

Dear Mr. Faynberg!

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 you asked for feedback from PINT implementers.

For a report I am just writing I would need to know if someone and, if so,
who is implementing PINT services.

Can you please share your experience with me?
Any comments are wellcome.

Thanks
 Peter Kutschera, Austrian Research Center Seibersdorf

http://www.arcs.ac.at
http://enviro.arcs.ac.at/kutschera/

---------
This message came from the IETF PINT Working Group Mailing List.

---

From: [email-masked] (Igor Faynberg)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 15:27:50 -0400

Dear Mr. Kutshera,

Thank you for your interest in PINT implementations.  These are taking
place in several companies; of these, Siemens and Lucent Technologies
made official announcements to that end.

We are, indeed, going to discuss PINT implementations soon. At the moment,
the PINT Protocol editors are putting final touches to the RFC-to-be,
with the concentration on security. Sometime next week, the final copy,
which will then be sent for the last call, will be published. 

Once the protocol is frozen, it will make sense to discuss the 
implementations, so I do hope we will see the implementations reports
starting in August of these year. By "seeing" I mean seeing them posted
to PINT.

Until then, I think it would be inappropriate for me or anyone else to
use this list as some sort of advertisement for company products. But
I invite all those who have implemented the present version of PINT
to respond do your query privately.

With best regards,

Igor Faynberg

---------