Subject: Small Correction to PSP.01 draft

From: [email-masked] (Lawrence Conroy)
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 18:43:44 +0100

Hi Folks,
   I have noticed a small error in the latest version of the PINT draft.
It's minor but does have an impact on the BNF, so I'll list the line
numbers of the document affected, and the proposed changes.

In summary, we introduced a REQUIREMENT that there be at least one
entry in the fmt list of a media line. It's there as syntactic sugar
so that some old parsers don't break. This means that, if there is
no semantic need for any fmt entries (e.g. when doing an R2T service)
the special value of "-" is used. However, we missed some of the
examples, and we missed updating the BNF for media-field and for fmt.

The lines numbers affected are:862, 1753, 1966, 1983, 2857, 3177,
3207, 3209 and 3210.

My proposed replacements (preceeded by the line number) are:
862 :      m= text 1  fax -
1753:      m=audio 1  voice -
1966:      m=text 1  fax -
1983:      m=audio 1  voice -
2857:                       (--- only "-" sub-type

3177:                   1*(<space> fmt) <CRLF>
3207:fmt        = (<subtype> / "-")
3209:; -- subtype as defined in RFC2046, or "-". MUST be a subtype of type held
3210:; --  in associated media sub-field or the special value "-".

Apologies for this.
I'd suggest we upgun the draft with all of the changes suggested during this
final call, and release yet another version at the end.

All the best, Lawrence
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Lawrence Conroy,    | "These Opinions must be mine, 'cos if they    |
| Roke Manor Research |  were my Company's they'd charge you for them"|
|- [email-masked]  ---+- Tel: +44 1794 833666  Fax: +44 1794 833434 --|

---------
This message came from the IETF PINT Working Group Mailing List.