Subject: Re: SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY

From: Sean Olson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 15:02:49 -0500 (CDT)

>    Bernie,
> Good questions. As SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY are not in the SIP/CORE, below is just
> my point of view.
>  In general, SIP servers perform request association based on a
> Call-Leg=n(Call-ID, To,From). Therefore, to distinguish between BYE towards
> INVITE from BYE towards SUBSCRIBE, we need two different Call-ID's.
> The SIP client may link INVITE Call-ID with a Subscribe one for call
> association.
> Regards, 
> Lev.

I would argue that the Call-ID of the INVITE should be carried as some
sort of header in the SUBSCRIBE message for correlation purposes.
Currently this correlation is done via the SDP payload. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Sean Olson            E-mail: [email-masked]
Ericsson Inc.         Voice: (972) 583-5472 
                      FAX: (972) 669-0154

---------
This message came from the IETF PINT Working Group Mailing List.