Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-webcap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 12:55:18 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: WEB based Certificate Access Protocol-- WebCAP/1.0
	Author(s)	: S. Reddy
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-webcap-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 20-Apr-98
	
   This document describes the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure
   (PKI) Certificate Access Protocols. Protocol messages are defined for
   all relevant aspects of certificate creation and management.  Note
   that ''certificate'' in this document refers to an X.509v3
   Certificate as defined in [COR95, X509-AM].
 
   This document specifies a set of methods, headers, and content-types
   ancillary to HTTP/1.1 to publish, retrieve X.509 certificates and
   Certificate Revocation Lists. This protocol also facilitates
   determining current status of a digital certificate without the use
   of CRLs.  This protocol defines new methods, request and response
   bodies, error codes to HTTP/1.1 protocol for securely publishing,
   retrieving, and validation certificates across a firewalls.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-webcap-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-webcap-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-webcap-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.