Subject: CFP relevant to PKIX

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 10:45:18 -0400

Call for Papers
IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC)
Special Issue on Network Security
Publication date: January, 2000

Recent years have seen great advances in the availability of security
technology for network users.  The advances in standardization and
implementation are accompanied by continuing activity in the research
community to tackle the next generation of problems and to improve on
prior technology.

This special issue of JSAC will be devoted to recent research results
that describe or forecast significant changes in the feasibility of
delivering security solutions (such as major improvements in
cryptographic efficiency), or describe progress in areas that have
been especially difficult, or are relevant to newer technologies, such
as optical or mobile wireless communication.  Of special interest are
papers that relate their results to use on the Internet today
or to use on next generation networks.

Papers are solicited in the following areas:

Cryptography-based network systems, such as
	secure private networks
	transactional security
Public-key infrastructures
Applying new cryptographic methods to network communication
New cryptographic protocols supporting secure network systems
Anonymous communication
Recent cryptographic theory advances
Optical network security
Mobile wireless network security
Formal analysis of network security systems
Trends in network-based attacks
Secure group communication
Policy expression and enforcement

Papers in strongly related areas, especially those involving novel
technologies, are also encouraged.

The guest editors for this issue are
	Hilarie Orman, University of Arizona, Department of Computer Science
	Ueli Maurer, Swiss Federal Institue of Technology (ETH)
	Stephen Kent, BBN Technologies
	Stephen Bellovin, AT&T Laboratories

The schedule for authors is as follows:
	February 5, 1999,  manuscripts are due
	May 3, 1999,  notification of acceptance
	August 5, 1999, final manuscripts are due

Manuscripts to be considered for submission should be sent by email to
Hilarie Orman ([email-masked]) by February 5, 1999.  The manuscripts
must be in Postscript, viewable in ghostscript.  The manuscripts must
be in Postscript, viewable in ghostscript, or six copies can be sent
by mail; contact Hilarie Orman well prior to the deadline for the
mailing address.  Please note the IEEE formatting requirements;
information for authors can be found at:
http://gump.bellcore.com:5000/Guidelines/info.html The JSAC home page
is at http://gump.bellcore.com:5000/.