Subject: More - RE: Scale (and the SRV record)

From: Alan Lloyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 12:43:03 +1100

Phill in the email I sent I did ask some questions re OCSP and its
information model and how it does work with recipents who get many
messages for anywhere. No answers to these questions make OCSP a
mechanism, not a solution.

And the reason for all this debate is how we easily support the multi
domain validation process in a way that scales, keeps client software as
simple as possible and from a conceptual point of view provides CAs/PKI
suppliers with a way that enables them to upgrade their information
models and services without affecting all the client software concerned.
In addition most have recognised that a large scale PKI function must
align to business information systems and service delivery requirements.
The issue is still open I believe. 
However, the proposals to investigate the use of directory matching
rules in support of a validation service and directory enable PKI
validation functions are still on the table.

Any one want to progress these views?

regards alan
> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Phillip M Hallam-Baker [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent:	Friday, 30 October 1998 11:19
> To:	Alan Lloyd
> Cc:	[email-masked]
> Subject:	RE: Scale (and the SRV record)
> 
>