Subject: Root CA key Update in CMP

From: Mine Sakurai <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 22:38:28 +0900

Hi,

I'm trying to experiment a Root CA key update according to the CMP
description.
I have some questions about the "OldwithNew" and the "NewwithOld"
certificates. 

1. Should both the certificates have entirely the same Subject with
   the "OldwithOld" or the "NewwithNew" certificate ?
   I would like to put the string "OldwithNew" somewhere in the
   Subject of the "OldwithNew" certificate to avoid confusion. 
   (the string "NewwithOld" in the Subject of the "NewwithOld",
   similary)
   Is it wrong?

2. Is there any reason the "OldwithNew" certificate is issued prior to the
   "NewwithOld"? 
   I think it is natural that the "NewwithOld" certificate is first
   issued with the old private key and then the "OldwithNew" and the
   "NewwithNew" is issued with the new private key.  

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine Sakurai          E-mail: [email-masked]
Platform Technology Laboratory, 
Internet Technology Laboratories, NEC Corp., Tokyo, JAPAN