Subject: QC - civicRegistrationNumber

From: Anders Rundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:29:39 +0100

Regarding Qualified Certificates:

civicRegistrationNumber

should IMHO be altered to

civicRegistrationCode

as it does not have to be numeric

Anders Rundgren
Senior Internet E-commerce Architect

---

From: Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 17:23:07 +0100

Good point.

I made a search on "civic registration number" and found that it's only
used in Sweden. And as you say, there are countries where non-numeric
characters are used (as in Finland)

It appears that both the wordings "civic registration" and "registration
code" are used in a context wich match our purpose even though i can't find
any documents using the exact combination "civic registration code"

/Stefan

>Senior Internet E-commerce Architect
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Stefan Santesson                <[email-masked]>
Accurata Systemsäkerhet AB     
Lotsgatan 27 D                  Tel. +46-40 152211              
216 42  Malmö                   Fax. +46-40 150790              
Sweden                        Mobile +46-70 5247799

PGP fingerprint: 89BC 6C79 5B3D 591B 8547  1512 7D11 DBF4 528F 29A0
-------------------------------------------------------------------