Subject: pdam registration of the certificate extensions document

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 12:59:48 -0700

hello

sharon boeyen, the editor of the certificate extensions document, has made
the revisions asked of her during the document review

i have seen no objection to registering the pdam for certificate
extensions. therefore i have sent it to the sc6 secretariat requesting she
begin the ballot as soon as possible. prior to doing so i have assigned
some object identifier values for new attributes, object classes, and
matching rules.

the revised text, CertificateExtensionsPDAM, is in .doc and .pdf format at
ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/BeijingVancouver98Output

note that the ballot period will be 3 months and that we will resolve
comments at an editing meeting in orlando soon after the ballot close date.

i expect that this document will have comments from international liaison
organizations such as the ietf and tc68. i am the iso/iec directory liaison
to those organizations. ballot comments from international liaison
organizations should be sent to the sc6 secretariat, jean shildneck (
[email-masked]). to allow sufficient time for review before the editing
meeting, those comments should also be sent to [email-masked].
comments from organization with a country should be consolidated  by the
responsible organization for that country.

i want to thank sharon for quickly handling the comments brought up in the
review period.

     hoyt